Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maserati in Arlington

Hey Guys,
I live in Arlington! Always looking for a meet, especially Mas's. Let me know a time and place everyone wants to get together. In the meantime keep your cars covered for Sandy!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Guys,
I live in Arlington! Always looking for a meet, especially Mas's. Let me know a time and place everyone wants to get together. In the meantime keep your cars covered for Sandy!!
Hi

I live in Potomac. wanna meet up this weekend. i am down if anyone else is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Considering buying a 2006 QP Sport GT

So I am considering buying a 2006 QP Sport GT with 41k miles. I test drove one and loved it. I'm curious whether any other '06 QP owners can let me know what I'm getting myself into. I have read reviews from some owners raving about their QPs and others lamenting the maintenance issues, including the auto-clutch issues, which I have researched a bit. I'd love to hear from some local QP owners (I'm in the DC area) what their experience has been, from driving the car to maintaining it. Is it ok as an everyday car or should I just drive it on weekends? I read that you can damage the front tires if you turn the wheel to its extreme, an apparent design flaw. Is this true? Are there any fit and finish issues? About how much does maintenance run per year? Is it a reliable ride?
I would very much like to join the ranks of Masi owners, but want to make an informed decision. Thanks for any/all info/feedback you can provide.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I've replaced a wheel bearing and the thermostat in my 06 QP. I just hit 50k miles, and got it at 39k. Both can be considered regular maintenance items though, so they are not surprises.

If the dealer replaced those two, that would have probably been about 3k in total cost. I replaced both, cost about 1.1k. Keep in mind, exotic and italian nature aside, the QP is JUST A CAR. All of the same basic functions, parts, repair etc.

Clutch is also coming due in the next couple thousand miles. I am trying to decide if I am going to do it (with some help from friends) or not. I've looked through the process, take off exhaust (all the way), take off heat shields, take off drive shaft (this appears to be a royal pain) take off a bunch of wires, unbolt bell housing and do a standard clutch job. Parts are still expensive though

No major finish issues, fit can be a problem with some of the panels in the cockpit area, they can warp in the heat. Not a big deal, but makes the steering wheel surround not be perfect though if you didn't know, you probably would never notice.

Unfortunately saying "how much does maintenance run" is a double edged sword. It can be very cheap, or it can be VERY expensive. Make sure you have Josh check out the car before you buy it. Many people have used theirs as every day cars though.

Where is the car? The dealer, a used car place or is it in someone's hands?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info re your QP and maintenance for it. I understand the double edged sword issue re maintenance. It seems kinda tough, if a QP has had more than one owner, to know whether everyone who drove it used the paddle shifters or drive it like an automatic, which seriously impacts the life of the clutch.
I'd honestly love to be able to do some of the maintenance on the car myself, not to save money but to learn about/understand the car. The one I am considering is in Scottsdale, AZ. I'll be there for work in a few weeks and will check it out in person if it's still available. I could buy it sight unseen, but that sounds too risky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
any progress being made on an owners get-together? i spoke with a new owner of a qp that has a restaurant in frederick md that would host a meeting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the Virginia Beach area....looking for other owners in the area....we have a car and coffee meet the first saturday of every month at the lohmens shopping center. looking to check that out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm in NoVA and would love to hook up. I've been to Katie's the last two weekends and I've been the only Maserati there. Not gonna make it this weekend as we are doing a Skyline Dr run. If anyone is interested in hooking up tomorrow morning 5/31 the weather is going to be beautiful for Skyline Drive. We're gonna try and get there around 8:00ish.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just found this old thread and thought about bringing the idea of a meet-up back to life for us newbies in MD/VA/DC. Anyone interested on Sunday? The weather is supposed to be nice and I know the perfect place with plenty of space! I'm thinking Cabin John shopping center (behind the Giant) on the corner of Tuckerman lane and Seven Locks Rd. Thoughts?! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
MD Masi:

Normally I would be excited to meet up with other Maserati owners on a sunny day. But I am unfortunately still hooked into that dreadful cast of characters we call a football team. So I will be watching the Redskins game.

Regardless I would love to get together with other local owners. I'd like to organize a Skyline Drive run and picnic when the weather starts to get warmer and the scenery a little nicer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
MD Masi:

Normally I would be excited to meet up with other Maserati owners on a sunny day. But I am unfortunately still hooked into that dreadful cast of characters we call a football team. So I will be watching the Redskins game.

Regardless I would love to get together with other local owners. I'd like to organize a Skyline Drive run and picnic when the weather starts to get warmer and the scenery a little nicer.
That sounds great! Keep me in the loop and I'll let some of the folks on my side know as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
NOVA Maserati

I recently purchased a 2005 Gransport Spyder 90th anniversary. I'm located in Ashburn and would love get together with or without cars.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys I picked up a 2006 QP Sport GT duel select back in June of this year. I live in Chantilly and would like together.

Thanks

Edgar R

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like we are getting a small crowd here. Probably not much will go on over the winter but once the spring comes we should organize a little get together. Keep an eye here later in 2015.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts