Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really want to buy a maserati and willing to spend ~60k but I'll be driving it everyday. Those of you that own one, do ya'll only drive it as a 'weekend' car?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I drive mine everyday, rain or shine.:)

Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
312 Posts
So I really want to buy a maserati and willing to spend ~60k but I'll be driving it everyday. Those of you that own one, do ya'll only drive it as a 'weekend' car?
I do drive mine only as a weekend car - now. But first I put 82,000 miles on it (QP, 05) as my daily driver. Not sure if that makes me wealthy or poor; but I probably would be wealthy if I had the money I spent on all those tires.

·
5,887 Posts
I know there are many people that use their Maserati as a daily driver. With that said, I suspect most of us, myself included, only drive their car on the weekend (provided the sun is shining). It is almost hard to justify the car when you have 5 months of deep freeze winter (up here) and then only use it on the occasional weekend. However, every time I turn the key, it all makes sense :D

Don't be afraid to drive it every day though...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick replies.
I really want to drive it everyday but I'm planning on keeping it for a good 2 years or so, so I wouldn't want to depreciate its price so much by adding the miles.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mine is a weekender mainly.

But it brings me joy. These cars have a high maintenance cost. Nothing comes cheap with them, and they do tend to have little and big things go wrong. The way I think of it, I could have a boat and pour money into it, or I can have my Maserati.

I also like to keep the miles low on it. So my BMW is my main commuter.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bought this '04 in November, I drive it almost everyday if I'm not in the air, every minute that I can I'm home I take it out, other then a lock module gone bad, ($500), it's been absolutely perfect, knock on wood. Frankly more reliabe then my '99 911 which I loved too, but which also loved the dealership. Many say it's when you don't drive them that you have more problems. You only go around once, other then snow maybe, drive it man!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought this '04 in November, I drive it almost everyday if I'm not in the air, every minute that I can I'm home I take it out, other then a lock module gone bad, ($500), it's been absolutely perfect, knock on wood. Frankly more reliabe then my '99 911 which I loved too, but which also loved the dealership. Many say it's when you don't drive them that you have more problems. You only go around once, other then snow maybe, drive it man!
Do you feel like it's the type of car you can buy and keep forever? (not selling it)

Haha yeh I'm planning on driving it and showing her off everyday

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't think I will ever get rid of mine, until I can afford the new one of course. Don't be too worried, just make sure you get a good one. My car is worth twice what I bring in from my main job every year, I just know how to negotiate...lol, I am NOT what anyone would consider wealthy. But maint can be a pain in the wallet so just choose carefully. BTW, I drive mine almost everyday, the sunny, perfect days are for my finicky muscle car....lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drive my QP every week day. I drive my beater, a boxster on the weekends.
Why buy such a wonderful automobile and let it sit. Buy it and drive it like you own it. BTW the car likes to be driven.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Do you feel like it's the type of car you can buy and keep forever? (not selling it)

Haha yeh I'm planning on driving it and showing her off everyday
I have no plans to sell until it's time for a GT and even for that, this car is so much fun I'm in no hurry what so ever. The advice on here about getting it checked thoroughly though is very good and this site was priceless to me in getting a checklist to use before buying.

Thing is you don't even have to show it off b'c these cars show themselves off....the smiles, the looks, the cell phone cams always out, the questions you get, just to have a brand this enigmatic is really allot of fun.

Sounds like you have the right idea already, which is, YES drive it, enjoy it!

·
5,887 Posts
so I wouldn't want to depreciate its price so much by adding the miles.
If depreciation is a concern even in the slightest, don't buy a Maserati. The cars are AWESOME but the sad truth us that the values on these fall like a greased bowling ball thrown out of an airplane. Great news for anyone looking to buy and bad news for anyone looking to sell (now or in the foreseeable future).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
232 Posts
I read an article that stated that the average income of a Mas owner is $750k. This would be in wealthy category. I drive mine 9 months out of year rain or shine- so incredibly GREAT to drive! Regardless of wealth, if you can get one, get it.:D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I read an article that stated that the average income of a Mas owner is $750k. This would be in wealthy category. I drive mine 9 months out of year rain or shine- so incredibly GREAT to drive! Regardless of wealth, if you can get one, get it.:D
Seriously? Did they average in my $40k a year? LOL

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have had mine for about 6 months and it has been driven on a nearly daily basis. No problems yet (knock on wood). I have also made multiple long trips (500+ miles) without issues. Just be prepared to shell out for lots of gas.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Garage Queen here..............

I have had my 2003 Maser Coupe Cambiocorsa for 4 years. It is definitely a "fair weather" car and driven less than 1000 miles per year. Not that I don't love it, it's just that I have to move another car (my Corvette) out of the way in the driveway to get the Maser out of the garage, and sometimes I lose interest at that point and either take my daily driver ( Cadillac SUV) or the Vette. Once out on the road however, my Maser (bright yellow w/Tubi exhaust) gets more stares and "thumbs up" than you can believe!!

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm also a "young" dentist. I drive my maserati on the weekend only. I plan on driving my maserati to the ground. In fact my daily driver is my first ever car which I plan on driving to the ground as well.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Inspire :-)
307 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts