Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ghibli Trofeo Fuoriserie Blu Maserati / Red int.
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just today I heard Maserati announced a new 10year drivetrain warranty. This is going to be starting October 1 2022. That will give Maserati the best warranty in the luxury segment. I expect this will boost sales and, help the brand overcome the stigma of poor reliability from the past. Has anyone else heard of this, and does it make you want a new Maserati?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems it's available for every car up to 9 1/2 years in service. So that 2015 Ghibli with 110,000 miles on it.................. What I can't find is if it's free, or automatic or is there some sort of activation for it to apply

·
Registered
164 Posts
That seems like a pretty safe bet for Maserati. I think their drivetrains have been their strongest suit. Maybe a 10 year warranty on their suspension, interior trim and electrical systems.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In doing research before buying the Levante I really found no major, common issues with moderns Maseratis.
I have had two Ghiblis one was a 14' SQ4 I put 45k miles on it never a drivetrain issues they are reliable now. I just bought my new Ghibli Trofeo in April I don't expect any drivetrain issues, I did get the three year extended bumper to bumper. So I am good for 7 years. But I think new Maserati owners will see this as piece of mind on an expensive vehicle.

Over all good for them the new Maserati cars are the best the brand has ever made regarding reliability. I think they are more reliable than the German brands now, and the warranty proves they are confident about their new car reliability. The Germans are going to have to start taking notice, I don't see them doing anything like this.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That seems like a pretty safe bet for Maserati. I think their drivetrains have been their strongest suit. Maybe a 10 year warranty on their suspension, interior trim and electrical systems.
10 year bumper to bumper, no manufacturer does that yet. The modern cars have to much tech, tech doesn't seem to be that reliable or durable yet. I wonder if this covers electric drivetrains also, that might be a steel.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think Kia has a 10 year powertrain warranty, but that won't make me buy one. Now a Maserati with a 10 year warranty....hmmm....just maybe....
You are correct Kia and Hyundai have a 10 yr powertrain only warranty. Some other 10yr powertrain warranty manufacturers , Mitsubishi and Genesis the Hyundai luxury brand. A few Mfg's have a 70,000 powertrain warranty. But I'm not buying anything from these companies.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like how every car in the flyer is a Trofeo, the only thing I don't like is that mods void the warranty.
As a technician voiding the warranty because of a mod is a good thing. These vehicles are hard enough to diagnose by themselves, much less one with an undisclosed mod, if that's even possible to do. Thankfully I haven't come across a mod on a Maserati, yet!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree, as far as I know no car mfg covers cars that have drivetrain mods. I just want to run a new exhaust when my warranty runs out. The new Euro PPF restricted exhaust system that the Mfg's have to use doesn't sound like they used to. I just hope it's not illegal to change that out by the time I get around to doing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hope that is true. Maseratis have a poor reputation and it isn't their fault. People buy them and can't afford the maintenance, which is not Maseratis fault. Used Maseratis are sold by Ford or Kia dealers that don't know anything about them and they get sold to someone that uses jiffylube for oil changes.
Other people buy repossessed Maseratis, drive them a while, and sell it. NEVER BUY A MASERATI WITH AN UNKNOWN HISTORY.
the ones that do not have a record of maintenance ate killing the brand. Maserati should buy the salvaged wrecked Maseratis and shred them. Those are the ones that ruin the brand.
There are lots of happy owners but they don't join chat rooms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts