Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to purchasing an 05-06 QP, the problem im having is that the local Maserati / Ferrari of Houston does not do any PPIs. He said they had some legal issues in the past and will not give any pre purchase inspections. He said if I owned the car, he would gladly look at it for $400, but cant help with my purchase :(. Does anyone know a trusting place I can bring this QP in for a check up?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wish I knew a name to give ya'll, but I'm not yet comfortable with anyone in Houston doing anything with Maseratis' - and that's really sad.

Of course you don't need to be a dealer or shop to be an inspector, but I had the benefit of using Bill McGrath Maserati back in the UK (for inspections and servicing) and would love to find the Houston equivalent. If anyone knows who that might be, please let me know.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Haven't heard of Driversource, please contact me by PM before you consider using Motorwerks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
www.driversource.com

it is owned by a local car collector. I have not had personal experience with them but I know several that have used them for ppi's and service.
I checked out the website - looks promising, I'm going to go visit them to see if I get a good vibe for getting some mods done. I suspect they might be pricey, but I'll pay for a tech if I can trust them to respect my car.

I think this is the place our former CEO uses to store his car collection. Lucky guy.

If it is, then it's probably a good source for a pre-purchase inspection.

You can also try contacting some of the internet companies to see what inspectors they have in the Houston area - you'd need to vet them of course, but if you're looking at a main stream modern Maser versus an older collectable then they should still be capable of evaluating your potential purchase.

Automobile Inspections (.com) is one such company.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I recently started going to Sports Car Repair off of Chimney Rock and 59 after being frustrated with local dealer. it's on Star Lane and they specialize in Porsche, Mercedes and Ferrari but do have several Maserati clients. Ask for Cliff, the owner and let him know Jim W. sent you. He was recommended to me and I have been very happy. His number is 713 789 0007

1 - 11 of 11 Posts