Maserati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,776 Posts
Meh.. anyone who wants the highest performance and ultimate technology in cars, should buy a p.o.s. Tesla. That’s not what a Maserati ever was, nor should it ever be IMO . It’s about a car with a unique soul. There are half a dozen me-too cars out there with similar engines. Not as nice looking as the MC20 is, but it’s still a completely soulless engine no matter how much power it may have, or that Maserati built it. I’ll gladly keep driving my “old“ GTS ( with hat and walking aid ;) ) , any day any time over an MC20. Even if the MC20 was under $ 100 K , I‘d rather buy another two “slow“ 4.7l NA V8 MaseratI GTS..
I drove the new NSX late last year ; great looks, fast as hell, but left me completely uninspired ; I wouldn’t but one of those even if it was $ 50 K . I have a feeling the MC20 would leave me with the same impression .. not spending $ 200 K for little more than a trident emblem . Much rather go for an Audi R8 V10, than a V6 Maserati, and I’m not an Audi brand fan ..

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,776 Posts
Wtf is Tesla? A cucumber salad? Never heard about.
:LOL:. At least a cucumber salad has decent taste ( arguably..) Driving a hyperfast computer lounge which sounds like a sewing machine is mating with a golf cart lacks any taste, or appeal to true car guys which I’m guessing represents most if not all of this forum‘s members.. That‘s why I was concerned Maserati would inevitably join the E-car world, even as early as the MC20. As much as I dislike V6 engines, it’s still great to see they didn’t go electric ..yet !

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,582 Posts
Yup, driving an electric car, no matter how great the performance, is like driving an appliance (which is what it essentially is). No engine = No soul. No sound = No emotion.

The reason why there is a big upsurge in demand for retro cars right now is that a lot of enthusiasts are tired of how fast cars can go 0-60, etc, etc. Do you actually need 600+hp? Going fast on public streets is boring, not to mention downright dangerous and illegal. Also, who wants to risk crashing their $200K+ sports car on a race track which most insurance companies will not cover.

For me, driving should give me a sense of occasion. I want to feel the vibration of the engine, to hear the sound of the sweet exhaust. The mechanicals doing their work. Cars have become way too computerized these days. It's more of the car doing the driving than the driver doing it.

Reactions: Nic69 and DSGT

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I agree with you. However, I own a Scuderia, definitely one the last analog and super emotional street racers. Sorry to say that, but there is no upsurge in demand recognizable. Its the other way around, prices are falling, amen. The value enhancement formula only applies to very few very exclusive cars and has not that much to do with „old and analog“ technology.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I don't care about the MC20 really. I probably couldn't afford it unless I sold all of my other cars which I wouldn't want to do anyway.

I just want something to revitalize the brand. I want something people in my age group will talk about besides the stupid 911 and Tesla.

This car looks built for vloggers, influencers, etc.

They need something to undo the damage Doug Demuro did to the brand.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I don't care about the MC20 really. I probably couldn't afford it unless I sold all of my other cars which I wouldn't want to do anyway.

I just want something to revitalize the brand. I want something people in my age group will talk about besides the stupid 911 and Tesla.

This car looks built for vloggers, influencers, etc.

They need something to undo the damage Doug Demuro did to the brand.
Actually, some of what Doug said about the Ghibli and the GT were right on point. For its original asking price of $150K+, the GT was waaay overpriced for what you got. (Same with the Ghibli). What's worse for the Ghibli was that there was a lot of cheap Chrysler parts sharing which tarnished the image of the brand.

Now that you can buy a used GT for not much more than a new Toyota Camry or a BMW 3 series, it's become a fantastic exotic car bargain.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Is anybody viewing the Live event right now?

Looks like a goofy "religious ceremony" going on so far. Weird. Lol.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Those leaked photos were right on point! Looks to be about the same size as a Huracan.

Looks amazing. Not sure about the rear tail lights....looks too "Audi."

Of course, the host, Mr. JWW, probably has one already reserved. Lucky bastard. Lol.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Actually, some of what Doug said about the Ghibli and the GT were right on point. For its original asking price of $150K+, the GT was waaay overpriced for what you got. (Same with the Ghibli). What's worse for the Ghibli was that there was a lot of cheap Chrysler parts sharing which tarnished the image of the brand.

Now that you can buy a used GT for not much more than a new Toyota Camry or a BMW 3 series, it's become a fantastic exotic car bargain.
I didn't say what he said was wrong, just that it was damaging

A true 911 competitor from the brand rather than a rebadged Chrysler might make a difference.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I stand corrected. The leaks were legit. I like the look of it. But I suspect those looks will fade unlike the GT which has a timeless design. I could be biased :sneaky: The wheels sure look nice!

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo MC
201 Posts
I didn't follow the launch event but this videos does a good job of going over the car.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Can't wait for the first test-drive review.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,776 Posts
Looks to be about the same size as a Huracan.
That‘s great ! I thought it may be a Lotus Evora size based on some of the leaks, but in the camouflage photos, next to other cars it did seem it’d be close to a R8 or a Huracan dimensions

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I noticed on maseratiusa.com they have it listed as 2.9< secs.
Presumably if you do all the CF options like CF roof, etc that goes down even further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I noticed on maseratiusa.com they have it listed as 2.9< secs.
Presumably if you do all the CF options like CF roof, etc that goes down even further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hybrid MC-20 does 0-60 in 2.8 sec. according to Maserati.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
And the price is...... ??
My local rep told me last month around $250K-$300K.

1st allocation already sold out.

Nobody knows how many Maserati will make, but don't expect mass numbers like the GT.

If you want one, I suggest putting your deposit down now ($10K). Delivery probably won't happen until 2022 I'm guessing.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts