Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if anyone posted this, but it looks like the new Maserati Sports Car. Sounds like it will take it's looks from the Alfa 4C. That car is way too small to live with on a daily basis. I did see some spy photos of a new 8C last year, so maybe it just looks like the 4C and is a bit bigger... We will see, but 600 hp sounds good.

This is what I saw last year in Automobile Mag

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,776 Posts
I suspect many will disagree with me , and this is a subjective matter , but no matter how beautiful and no matter how blistering fast, twin-turbo 6 cyl. engines do not belong in these cars ; nothing feels, sounds, and has the soul of a normally aspirated 8 ( or 12 ) in a GTs . IMO

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well the electric BMW makes some noise, maybe Maserati will put in some Bose speakers to blast fake exhaust notes near the pipes?

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,776 Posts
Bose will make the exhaust note sound like it’s crackling 🙃

( sorry, not a fan of Bose .. mediocre sound systems, IMO .. and I’m not talking about the ones in our car.. )

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect many will disagree with me , and this is a subjective matter , but no matter how beautiful and no matter how blistering fast, twin-turbo 6 cyl. engines do not belong in these cars ; nothing feels, sounds, and has the soul of a normally aspirated 8 ( or 12 ) in a GTs . IMO

I hear you, but I think a Ford GT twin Turbo V6 sounds pretty sweet. I think the days of V8's and 12's will become more and more rare..

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,776 Posts
Agreed, I think technology advances in exhaust sounds, particularly those used in high end cars, have managed to make some 6 cyl and even 4 cyl sound very nice and powerful, but to my ears they still can’t match a decent horsepower NA V8 note. Actually even 12 cyl. , in large part, can’t bring about that note a V8 produces.. not quite sure what it is, whether the stroke, or the balance, or the way it revvs...but to me that sound is simply perfect . Of course sound is subjective, some people love the “screaming” higher pitch of a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, but for me it just drives me nuts ; I prefer a deep baritone growl and the sound at wide open throttle of a Maserati GTs, an Aston Martin DB series, even a Corvette or Ford V8 note over those .. that’s THE main reason I stopped attending Formula One Grand Prix races in person, the smaller turbo muffled note ruined more than 50% of the experience for me .
But hey, I may be pleasantly surprised with the new MC sound ..

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo MC
201 Posts
Unless Maserati is planning to reveal two different cars, there is a MC20 prototype running around in Italy that looks very, very different from a 4C inspired design. Sounds like a dream as well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry, that sounds pitiful to my ears. I'll stick with the GT. Can't be beat IMO.

·
Registered
458 Posts
That car sounds awful, but it's a tester. It sounds like a 996 with k26 turbos and no exhaust.

You can hear the turbo lag lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm ok if it's not a GT spiritual successor. Just make something good that people desire, so the brand turns around and keeps our cars out of Toyota-level values.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,776 Posts
Holy crap, the first attempt to play that clip did not work , but on a second try when I actually had a chance to listen to that sound ( if anyone can call that infernal , pathetic noise a sound ..), it’s a solid “ Oh, hell no !! “ .

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo MC
201 Posts
Hahah...so it seems like the sound is a no go. Let's hope the design can be it's saving grace.

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's just a turbo car with no exhaust. That's how race cars sound. Ragged and bad. Masi is known for the sound. They'll attach an xpipe and exhaust that will make it sound like a fine instrument.

6 months later fools be putting xpipes and test pipes on, only to have a cruel surprise ha

·
Registered
468 Posts
Wow nice. Looks significantly bigger than the Alfa 4C, seems about the same size and proportions as a Ferrari 458.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts