Maserati Forum banner

What Parts Would You Like In Carbon Fiber?

• Air Conditioning Vents and Vent on top of Dash

Votes: 41 62.1%
  • Paddle Shifters

Votes: 45 68.2%
  • Door Trim (the strip of black or silver on the leather in the door)

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • MC-Victory Style Front Splitter (On bottom of bumper)

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Key Fob

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • Reverse Lever (The black thing on top)

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • Black Part of Door handle (where the handle is)

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Aluminum things on central tunnel

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Rear Deck on Spyder

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Entry Door Sills (The ones that say "Maserati)

Votes: 26 39.4%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

As you all know, a few months ago, as part of the Maserati Owner's Group Buy Newsletter, I said that we would have an INSANE discount in regards to the rear lip spoiler.

I will give you guys an update on that ASAP (Trust me... In less than a week).

Regardless, I know that some of you guys REALLY want some other Carbon Fiber items too... so I wanted to see exactly what you guys are interested in... so I could tell the manufacturer.

Please take part in the poll, and maybe even make a post clarifying it...

Thanks guys!
Ali

PS- Seriously, if you haven't signed up for the group buy newsletter... Do it now... I am sure people will chime in and say how much they have saved because of it :D

Click the link below!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I have a GS, which has a fair bit of CF already but I've voted for:

- Air Conditioning Vents and Vent on top of Dash
The plastic of these vents is cheapish looking and would much prefer it in CF

- Paddle Shifters
Ideally like the MC Victory edition, that is longer and slightly different shape.

- Key Fob
Here, it's subject to what the fob will actually look like. Rather than having the Maserati shield, I'd rather have the Trident on a CF base. We need someone artistic to figure it out ;)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
In addition to those items in your survey, I've also been wanting to wrap the interior door inserts (cheap aluminum color plastic) in CF as well as the rear deck of my Spyder. It would seem that the door inserts would be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In addition to those items in your survey, I've also been wanting to wrap the interior door inserts (cheap aluminum color plastic) in CF as well as the rear deck of my Spyder. It would seem that the door inserts would be a piece of cake.
Thats what I meant by door trim :p Wrong term?

Rear deck... Hmm... interesting!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
well the 90th anniversary spyder has a huge rear deck in CF.

i already have the MC Victory front spoiler. it is very very nice. it replaces the bottom part of the bumper cover and it extends for the entire width of the bumper.

i would like to get the CF pedal shifters, in the same shape and size as the MC Victory.

since the 90th anniversary spyder and MC Victory came with tons of CF in blue, i would like to ask if you can have them manufacture these parts also in the same blue CF.

as well, how about CF door entry sills?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
M! - exactly. I've always wanted to add the CF deck that the 90th Anniversary edition has but have never been able to find it...I also imagine that it's a boatload of cash.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Maserati Boy, thanks for all you do for us Maser owners! I already have the carbon fiber kit in my 2003 Coupe and would love to have more pieces.:)

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tony,

It was actually your talk with me about CF Paddles that one day that started all of this!

:D

Everyone, pat Tony on the back!

*pat pat*

-Ali

PS- Tony, I will also call you to talk about another Maserati drive before the end of summer!

·
Registered
40 Posts
We all need more fibre !!

Thought I would add this email between Ali and me

Keith,

Thank you so much.

I would suggest doing it through the group buy... Since we will have approximately 20-30 people, the price will probably be a lot better ;]

-Ali

Quoting Keith Groves <[email protected]>:

> Hi done, poll completed as requested..
>
> This is spooky I have actually just asked a company I know overhere in
> the UK to qoute me to do the rear deck and the vents on my 4200 Spyder and for the modified speaker inclosures I have made to except 3 way Focals
> they also do steering wheels they can cut and segment them in Carbon
> Fibre look really good will get some pics
>
> Just had a load of stuff done for my sons Lotus will send some pics... to show standard of workmanship
>
> will be intresting to compare prices I have no allegence to my guy
> apart from the fact he is really good but he has a massive waiting
> list months to get stuff done...and v expensive but he puts on over a hundred coats of lacquer on

he also does wood to same standard..
>
> later keith
>

·
Registered
90 Posts
How about the roll-over hoops and these (at least on GS) gold colored plastic covers under the hood? Could those items be added to the list also?

Thanks
/F.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah! I already wrote down the roll bar (on my notepad :p)... what do you mean by gld covers? can you take a picture/

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's the parts numbered 17, 18 ,24 and 25...

...and on a side note: regarding the blue thread in the CF weave; I could live without it, since the rest of my interior is all black. Saw it on one of the 90-anniversary models though - and there it was absolutely brilliant as the rest of the interior was blue...

Thanks a lot for your effort!

/F.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Additional Item for poll?

How about carbon fiber air intake boxes? The Trofeo has this and has velocity stacks inside.

For the front spoiler, since I have an '03 Coupe, this would mean replacing the whole front bumper cover as there is not split for the front spoiler :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts