Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone can advise a suitable next step for me. I have Dec 2017 Levanti covered 10,500 miles. I have had a number of issues with the car mainly around the brakes, so have been less than impressed. The car was subject to a Financial ombudsman complaint last year.

I decided to get a local garage to undertake its first service at 9,500 as it was at that point 13 months old. They used recommended filter and oil (helix). Unfortunately the car stopped on me last week, with the engine seized. At this point the car had covered just 10,500 miles.
It was taken to Gray Paul in Solihull. They asked for details of my service, and then came back to me quickly saying my car isnt covered under warranty as i have deviated from the schedule and the oil life counter has not been reset, nor an air filter replaced.

I have tried to speak to Maserati directly to no avail at this point. My only presented option at this point is a 23k plus vat new engine.
Any suggestions/help gratefully recieved.

3,098 Posts
That sounds like a load of crap...You had the car serviced before the first official service at 12,500 miles...The air filter is not replaced at that time....About the only thing they could possibly get you on is an aftermarket oil filter...We just have someone with a Ghibli lose an engine 1000 miles after we changed the oil, but Maserati warrantied it as we did nothing wrong.. I think I would get a little more angry with them and call them out...Here is some more information. Jason

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0138-auto-warranties-routine-maintenance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help sincerely appreciated.

The engine actually failed having been driven hard on the motorway and then tight cornering around an island. I was told this is a possible oil pump failure and they had heard of this issue before, wondered if you knew anything about it??

regards

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts