Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I love Ferrari's but can't afford one now...I was thinking about
asking the local club if I could join. Do you guys think that is a smart move or would they look at my like who is this guy?

Thank you,
Stephen

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I myself wouldnt, but i dont have one and know nothing about them. If you know alot or want to learn about them why not. Some people join these forums just to learn and i see nothing wrong with that. If they snub you, then there an a..hole. Id like to think that they wont.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi LORENZ,

Thank you for your response. I guess your right...I really have nothing to lose. I just have a passion
For Ferrari's and Maserati's.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,299 Posts

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
More food for thought....

I was with the local Maserati Club in Vancouver yesterday for a one day drive.
The president of the Maserati Club was absolutely fine that a Testarossa joined us.
It was more about exotic car enthusiasts than specific makes. Great day with a widely varied selection on hand.
1970 Maserati Indy, 1986 Testarossa, 1989 Maserati 430, 2002 Maserati Spyder (me!), and a 2006 Maserati Gransport.
The way it seemed to me is that anyone could join the ride, but is was a Maserati club event. In fact the guy in the Testarossa asked me to join a 6 day trip with his fellow Ferrari owners, so I'll be the one along for the Ferrari ride. It seems that the boundries are only set by attitude, and we all have the right "Italian" attitude! LOL

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I didn't think this was too strange in that our cars have some Ferrari parts/technology
In them. The Ferrari/Maserati dealership sells and works on both so I was trying to figure
out some of the comparisons on here ie; like a Prius joint a Ferrari club etc. that seems a bit extreme
to me.

Thank you,
Sfephen

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
They may very well allow you to join but you should expect to be treated differently by some of the members. It's not a Ferrari vs. Maserati thing, it's an exclusivity thing and such is the demeanor of many exclusive clubs.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
+1

Exclusive clubs are all about excluding people. Why stop now?

That said, Ferrari and Maserati are very close cousins so there is some camaraderie there. Heck, if your car was built in 2002-2005 then it was built under Ferrari ownership....but make no mistake it is very much a Maserati. But in my experience the local Ferrari and Porsche clubs have always been very inclusive for their events. As for membership, not sure what the attraction or the point is there.

·
5,887 Posts
Thanks guys, I didn't think this was too strange in that our cars have some Ferrari parts/technology In them. The Ferrari/Maserati dealership sells and works on both so I was trying to figure out some of the comparisons on here ie; like a Prius joint a Ferrari club etc. that seems a bit extreme to me.
Well, there really is very little shared technology or parts between the two brands. The number of common parts is very small. For a short while, Maserati was owned by Ferrari but that hasn't been the case in many years. They are now sister companies along with Alfa Romeo and Fiat. Would it be strange for a Fiat 500 owner to join a Ferrari club? I'd think so despite the common ownership. At least one Maserati dealer also sells Buicks. Would it be strange for a Buick owner to join a Maserati club? Perhaps.

The Prius comparison is a bit of an inside joke among some of the veteran forum members. A better comparison would be a Fiat 500 owner joining a Ferrari club.

As mentioned, show up for drives and events and you will find everyone to be friendly and welcoming. I've been on exotic car drives that welcomed virtually anyone that wanted to join in the fun. Corvettes, Supras, and even a Merc or BMW here and there. Very few owners want to exclude others from events.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can understand everyone's points here. I just really like Ferrari's and I figured what not a better
way to learn more about up close and personal. I realize that I probably wouldn't be invited
to all events...but if I could to to maybe 1 or 2 that would make my day. When I was at Cars and Coffee, I did experience some Ferrari snobs...and I also experienced so really cool people also.

The GM at Boardwalk Ferrari/Maserati invited me to join the Club and has put me in touch with the President of the Club...I am going to check it out. I know when I sell my company or I make a bit more money I will buy one.

Thank you again for input.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I m sorry, I should have been more clear...I would like to show up to the driving events...maybe
grab a drink with the guys and learn more about the marque. I'm not talking about going to all events and meetings etc.

Kind regards,
Stephen

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Do yourself a favour and get on F-chat or F-life and do a bunch of reading - you'll learn plenty there. Maserati ownership will also teach you a lot about owning an exotic, much of which is universal among brands. Not sure what you really want to get out of C&Cs, but just talk to the people that want to talk and leave the others alone. Snobbery goes both ways, too. There are some F car owners that I make it a point to avoid because they have different values and are not in it for the same reasons as me......and that's ok. C'est la vie.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts