Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the dealership service advisor called me 3 days ago and said that Maserati will not cover any portion of the rear mirror adjustment knob repair under the warranty . when I called Maserati of north America they told me the adjustment knob is a wear item and wear items aren't covered under the warranty or CPO warranty are you serious Maserati. not buying a Maserati ever again the worst warranty ever not very happy with Maserati of north America very cold people .
they just don't care for their customers

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very easy to hit your knee on that knob.. No one would cover that under warranty if it breaks... if it did not work then its warranty based

2,998 Posts
I'm not sure why so many people decide to post for the first time and tell everyone that Maserati sucks and they won't buy another one because of something...Is this forum a Yelp review of Maserati or something? Probably will never post again about anything...Go to any forum for any brand and someone will bitch about something....geez! Jason

·
Registered
698 Posts
Agree Jason. My goodness. Writing off a car company for a issue like that? Childish. Imagine what the expectations are in life for an individual? That is like the person saying: "I am NEVER flying Delta again because they lost my bags....." Wow.

Personally I bought my GT KNOWING the technology was 2007, knowing it has Italian electronic gremlins, knowing the alignment is Toe out from factory, knowing the sticky button issue might likely happen to me, knowing the cell phone bluetooth quality sucks, knowing I cannot stream music via bluetooth from factory....

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
That's it ! I'm trading my Maserati in for a Yugo . Considering Maserati is " THE WORST BRAND " how can I possibly do any worse ?! :rolleyes:
P.S. Does anyone have info on Yugo warranties and wear items exclusions ? 😜

·
Registered
504 Posts
One of my first times getting out of the car my knee busted into that damn knob and punched it partially inside the door.... it was still functional so i just left it sitting that way until i could train my knee to NOT hit that spot on the door! It took me a few weeks but muscle memory kicked in. I put the switch back to its original position, my knee has never hit it again (y)

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
The very first week, when I either got in the car or out of the car ( I don't remember which ..) I dragged my shoe's heel across the seat controls cover plate and it broke off one of its corners fasteners . I thought that corner just popped out and I can simply push it back in , but the clip holding it in actually broke . Managed to fix it , and I do think that much like the side mirrors button placement,mthat cover plate protrudes out far more than it needs to be and they're both dumb designs , but all cars have something similarly annoying or another and chances are it won't be covered by warranty if you contribute in any way to the demise of those parts, so no reason to write off an entire brand , because if yiu do that every time something breaks which you think shouldn't..or , that it should be covered , and it isn't ..you'll run out of cars in no time .

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have had nothing but great service with my warranty work. It cracks me up to read these one post wonders always complaining about the brand. They have obviously never owned an exotic car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
While one time poster was just venting, I have to say that my CPO warranty experience has been less than ideal for sure. I have not owned an exotic car before, I have owned my share of luxury cars. Quality of service I recieved was much superior to Maserati's with other brands. Quality of service folks I worked with was also superior. My current Maserati rep writes emails in all caps. I think Maserati wants to expand in US, but they are not able to do it profitably, so they cut corners. Warranty work is probably easiest corner they can cut.

Also, my rep has been selling me new brakes for almost 6 months now. Never saw that at other brands.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try losing 50 lbs. With all the money you save on food, you will be able to by a bunch of knobs. Abuse is not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
183 Posts
While one time poster was just venting, I have to say that my CPO warranty experience has been less than ideal for sure. I have not owned an exotic car before, I have owned my share of luxury cars. Quality of service I recieved was much superior to Maserati's with other brands. Quality of service folks I worked with was also superior. My current Maserati rep writes emails in all caps. I think Maserati wants to expand in US, but they are not able to do it profitably, so they cut corners. Warranty work is probably easiest corner they can cut.

Also, my rep has been selling me new brakes for almost 6 months now. Never saw that at other brands.
Sounds like your rep is the real problem. It's America, go somewhere else. My dealer is fabulous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts