Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, maybe not in a straight line, 0-60mph shoot out however, I've got a little scoop:

Recently, Maserti engineers have driven an M6 and the GT S on the Balocco track (owned by Maserati) back-to-back with the same test driver to check relative performance. The test was meant to ascertain whether the GT S's package could compete in terms of performance with a more powerful car in their target client segment and the results were very positive: the GT S was almost 2 seconds faster than the Beemer.

Well done to the guys in Modena :)

PS: The info comes from an inside source and 100% reliable :cool:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nice.

however, i still havent been able to get over how ugly the 6 series look. even if the M6 is x seconds quicker or x hp more powerful, i refuse to be seen in one.

i love to see a side by side picture of these two cars.
i am sure chris bangle is very very far behind in design esthetics pininfarina achieved.

sorry, let's get back to the topic.

IMO, the Maserati is faster even standing still ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Waba: the faster GT S times you quote are for a 0-60mph sprint I believe.

On a track, the GT S may be considerably quicker than the GT given its different set up, gearbox, etc.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if the stock GT were to be just as fast as an M6 or very close to it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry if I sound sexist, but I would buy a M6, M5 (or any BMW for that matter)... for my WIFE, not for myself. On a different note, watching an attractive women get out of the drivers' side of a Maserati is just damn sexy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts