Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like the throttle response on the Maserati. Its unique instead of a to b.

The first time I test drove the car, I feathered the accelarator and the car didnt move but made a wonderful sound.

You should go drive all three. Id only drive the turbo and maserati. The bmw is not for me from a visual standpoint.

Regarding other maserati owners, I too have seen several. I gave a wave or a nodd and no response. Maybe
2 out of about 10 made some gesture back.

One woman in the passenger seat of a quatro didnt even know what the coupe was. Totally oblivious to what was sitting right next to her. she finally forced a smile from under the wrinkles, clueless to the fact I was driving a maserati as well. Both occupants had a audible/tubi and visual education as to what I was driving after I downshifted and left them.

Several of the quatroporte drivers I've seen didnt look like they were using the paddles. One barely could see over the steering wheel. I think that car will do much better for status concious folks when the fully automatic becomes available. Then it truly can be the nice, and in their words "practical" replacement to the S Class and 7 Series for these people.

·
Registered
456 Posts
M! said:
why would you expect the female passenger to know anything about your coupe??? i doubt that she even cared about you or the car. just be nice to them. ;)

may be you like some education too. it's Quattroporte. not quatro.

happy motoring!

I guess you had to be there to understand.

and I was abbreviating quattroporte.

·
Registered
456 Posts
no worries, it wasnt a very good abreviation anyways.

I know what you mean about the thumbs up but you really had to be there to understand the entire picture. You would be surprised at the # of people who purchase hi-end cars in Los Angeles that are clueless to anything but the name.

like you said lets enjoy our cars.. Happy motoring. Its sunday im taking the coupe out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.