Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
UK Dealers have started to receive their first GT-S Automatics.

As a 4.2 Auto Grantursimo Owner I am extremely interested to know how good this model is and hope to have a test drive in the next week or so.

If the car is as refined as my 4.2 (which i suspect it is in non Sport mode) but has the extra response and sound of the GT-S when the Sport button is pressed I will be very tempted.

Whether I can handle the sickening 12 month depreciation of my car will be another matter!

Meanwhile look forward to hearing from any other test drivers who beat me to it! ;)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
AUGH! If it doesn't buck, stall or squeal.. It aint a Maserati. It's a BMW with the Maserati emblem on it!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
No, but I have driven the GT-S with the 4.7 and the F1 tranny from the 599 in it. That's the car for me, next....... I couldn't imagine it with an auto trans.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Apparently yes. It does seem to have different standard rims and slightly smaller side and back spoilers compared to the standard S.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Will the GT-S Automatic have the same exhaust note as the GT-S?
Tezta, the GTS Auto has a valve adjustment when you press the Sport button just like the GTS but I have heard that the exhaust note may not be as loud. I have driven the GTS so I will confirm the difference after my test drive in the next week or so.

I suspect they are trying to make the GTS Auto a 'halfway between' model. I just hope it's more S than non S!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tezta, the GTS Auto has a valve adjustment when you press the Sport button just like the GTS but I have heard that the exhaust note may not be as loud. I have driven the GTS so I will confirm the difference after my test drive in the next week or so.

I suspect they are trying to make the GTS Auto a 'halfway between' model. I just hope it's more S than non S!
This is what i suspect as well, so the differences between the GT-S Auto and GT are just like the QP and QP-S.

·
Registered
96 Posts
UK Dealers have started to receive their first GT-S Automatics.

As a 4.2 Auto Grantursimo Owner I am extremely interested to know how good this model is and hope to have a test drive in the next week or so.

If the car is as refined as my 4.2 (which i suspect it is in non Sport mode) but has the extra response and sound of the GT-S when the Sport button is pressed I will be very tempted.

Whether I can handle the sickening 12 month depreciation of my car will be another matter!

Meanwhile look forward to hearing from any other test drivers who beat me to it! ;)
It would be far less financially painful to fit a DMS remap for under £1k which gives the same power output as the S then fit an aftermarket exhaust ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
It would be far less financially painful to fit a DMS remap for under £1k which gives the same power output as the S then fit an aftermarket exhaust ;)
isuk, is that what you have done to your 4.2? If so please tell us more!

I have had it confirmed that the new GTS Auto has a valve in the exhaust that opens at 3000 rpm in Sport Mode to give the sportier sound. This is unlike the GTS where the sport button opens the valve at idle. Also the GTS has a much louder exhaust than the GTS Auto.

I am already wondering if this valve can be kept permanently open by unplugging it somehow?

·
Registered
96 Posts
deltona,

I've not had the DMS remap done yet but am considering it. After finding out the ridiculous cost to change to an S I started looking at the cost to modify my car to get to the power level of the S and add some of the S styling mod's using genuine Maserati parts. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the side skirts (unpainted) are £229 each plus VAT and a set of 20" Neptune alloys (excl tyres) are £1700 plus VAT. After getting a quote to fit and paint the skirts I realised I could have a new look and 440 bhp for just over £4k versus £30k to trade into an S. Now that the S Auto is here you could fit it's side skirts and wheels for similar money I'd think and have a visually identical car as it doesn't have the revised boot lid of the S. You'll also be able to retrofit the new exhaust from the S Auto though I'd imagine the valve is permanently open.

·
Registered
61 Posts
isuk,

Thanks for your valuable infiormation. It is really hard to stomach the cost to change to the new GTS or GTS Auto and what is to stop Maserati releasing yet another improved version next year!

As we are in the same situation I think it may be worth us talking to eachother? I can PM you my contact number if you wish?

Meanwhile, time permitting, I am going to drive a GTS Auto tomorrow (Friday) and will report on here my findings. I think this will decide things for me if i can get a decent drive in it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
isuk, is that what you have done to your 4.2? If so please tell us more!

I have had it confirmed that the new GTS Auto has a valve in the exhaust that opens at 3000 rpm in Sport Mode to give the sportier sound. This is unlike the GTS where the sport button opens the valve at idle. Also the GTS has a much louder exhaust than the GTS Auto.

I am already wondering if this valve can be kept permanently open by unplugging it somehow?
One of the reasons i loved driving the F430 with the standard exhaust is because of this particular valve, it sounds amazing when you hit the right RPM and the valve opens, it makes the hair on your neck stand up.

By the way the DMS program on the 4.7L engine gathers an extra 31bhp and 45lb/ft torque so its a big difference, if anyone had a look at my dms page its a bit out dated and im getting our guy to update it but its taking him ages to do anything.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i'm thinking about selling my GT and upgrading to the auto GTS (auto is required due to constant traffic here). when's the auto GTS officially launching? any idea how much more it'll cost?

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'm thinking about selling my GT and upgrading to the auto GTS (auto is required due to constant traffic here). when's the auto GTS officially launching? any idea how much more it'll cost?
In the UK the GTS auto is already available for purchase so i would suspect Korea should already have availability, its cheaper than the GT-S F1.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts