Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Polash - do you have a link to the kit?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Interesting...do they include a new exhaust for that price? Wonder if its made from Maserati "molds", or their own interpretation? Does not appear that they have any pictures of cars they've converted.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Too expensive for just the bumpers and skirts. Also, it seems like they haven't done any yet. Who wants to be the guinea pig?

·
Registered
518 Posts
bodykits is a knockoff aero site I wouldnt put thier shit on a honda....now if wald or auto couture did a kit (some of the ones for the F430 and 360 are sick) that would be a different story but those are usually carbon or urethane instead of crappy chopped glass

·
Registered
233 Posts
bodykits is a knockoff aero site I wouldnt put thier shit on a honda....now if wald or auto couture did a kit (some of the ones for the F430 and 360 are sick) that would be a different story but those are usually carbon or urethane instead of crappy chopped glass
This car is not one to go cheap on for sure, +1

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
660 Posts
... now if wald or auto couture did a kit (some of the ones for the F430 and 360 are sick) . . .
In my search for Coupe kits (of which I never found any), I thought I saw one for the QP at auto couture.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually do think the kit looks pretty cool, sort of the raw edge that I wanted to see on it from the beginning. Albeit beautiful as is, I always thought it was a little too "smoothed out". Sort of like the Aston DB9 vs the DBS.
As someone said earlier, not worth it if the aero work isnt true and only for looks. On this car, no question you gotta have it made in carbonfiber.
I'd love to hear the new exhaust. Straight pipes???HP gain?? Id be excited to see someone make this a reality. But done well...

·
Registered
518 Posts
In my search for Coupe kits (of which I never found any), I thought I saw one for the QP at auto couture.
yeah couture makes a kit for the QP I really want to do a Fabulous kit on my older S class (W220) this winter but parts for the maser and getting my new track whore running are the predominant goals for this winter

·
Registered
233 Posts
yeah couture makes a kit for the QP I really want to do a Fabulous kit on my older S class (W220) this winter but parts for the maser and getting my new track whore running are the predominant goals for this winter
I agree, wanna go with the GS kit for mine, but the dang firebird is draining me. I'm just gonna sell it...First person with 10k...plz take it...lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
the body kit is made from reinforced carbon fiber, and they made one off MC corse concept vehicle, made for corey meghetti from goldenstate warriors. (originally from LA. CLippers) the pic will be out soon of his GT. They are also looking for another GT for pictures, in return will get a discount on the kit. the kit is identical, however the exhaust does have to be modiefied to be in the center.
http://www.bodykits.org/_mc_corse_concept.html

·
Registered
744 Posts
$12000 for a bunch of non structural plastic parts that do nothing to improve performance? That is half the price of a used Coupe!

Poseurs line up and bend over.

·
Registered
97 Posts
not a fan...
does not really add much to the car.
I have a GT-S and I really think that the body styling with a non-S is so close to perfection that I really can't tell the difference on first look between an S and a non S.
Contrast this with a 911 and a 911 turbo. You can tell the difference immediately from any angle.
The basic body styling of the Granturismo is flat out beautiful. I really think that adding anything else to it ruins the aesthetics. In the case of the S, with the side skirts and rear tail, I really do not think it added anything much to the car. I paid premium over the non-S version not for the looks. I wanted more horse power and the exhaust is definitely different. (sometimes I feel that in the sport mode, it probably is a little too aggressive...but nice thing that I can turn this off). I guess I am more on the conservative side.

·
Registered
321 Posts
What the GT-S needs is an ECU upgrade to 500HP (Formuladynamics where are you... :) ) and a weight reduction program (how about kevlar hood and trunk lids, anyone?), it definitely doesn't need any aesthetic "improvements".

Why don't tuners focus on the important issues instead of flogging us the usual old pieces of tasteless add-on plastic?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts