Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was stored w/o tender
Attempted to start and battery was low. But did crank over slowly.

Battery charged with tender
Fob doesn't work. Wont lock/unlock
Now the engine turns over while the dash lights flash. Still, no start.
Replaced the fob battery and put in a new Maserati battery. Sill didn't change anything.

I did leave the key in the on position in an attempt to let the car re calibrate. This did not help.
I would really like to avoid towing this car to the dealer.

Any sort of advice is appreciated. Thanks!

4,691 Posts
Sounds like the battery is shot if the dash lights are flashing...Jason

·
Registered
261 Posts
Was stored w/o tender
Attempted to start and battery was low. But did crank over slowly.

Battery charged with tender
Fob doesn't work. Wont lock/unlock
Now the engine turns over while the dash lights flash. Still, no start.
Replaced the fob battery and put in a new Maserati battery. Sill didn't change anything.

I did leave the key in the on position in an attempt to let the car re calibrate. This did not help.
I would really like to avoid towing this car to the dealer.

Any sort of advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Do other lights come on when key energizes? Headlamps, interior? Brake? That V8 needs solid cranking amps..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Car is about 5years old. 12,000 Miles.
Ok, I dont know how good you are under the hood but you have someone spray starting fluid into the intake while you are turning it over. Given its down time and you have electricity it needs a shot in the intake...

one clamp pulls it back enough to point the can straw inside and spray...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I dont know how good you are under the hood but you have someone spray starting fluid into the intake while you are turning it over. Given its down time and you have electricity it needs a shot in the intake...

one clamp pulls it back enough to point the can straw inside and spray...

Confirmed BRAND NEW battery. Left connected overnight
CTEK Charger on as well and went to 7 Green

Voltage - 13.27
Key On - 12.51
Cranking 11.33

No interior lights
No exterior lights

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you try jump starting the car? I have done it before in a pinch with no issues but have heard its not great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you try jump starting the car? I have done it before in a pinch with no issues but have heard its not great.
Theres plenty of voltage and the engine turns over well. I did try jumping the car with a jumper pack.

4,691 Posts
Ok, it has plenty of juice as it turns over fast...It looks like something is wrong in the network as you have all the lights flashing....I have seen cars have the modules get damaged by the battery going flat...Jason

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, it has plenty of juice as it turns over fast...It looks like something is wrong in the network as you have all the lights flashing....I have seen cars have the modules get damaged by the battery going flat...Jason
Im thinking the same thing. I want avoid towing the car to a dealer at all costs. Anyone know of any mobile technicians I can get in Chicago, IL?

4,691 Posts
Mobile guy is most likely not have the software needed...The dealer or a good independent is gonna be your best bet...Jason

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah that battery is good and you definitely dont need to worry about the plugs or starting fluid.

Before you take it in try this one more time.(maybe you already did) Disconnect battery for 20 min or so then do this:
(from QP5 manual)

• After connecting the battery’s negative terminal the following self-learning operations must be carried out to ensure that certain connected devices recognize the system again:
• MOTOR DRIVEN THROTTLE SELF-LEARNING:
• Set the ignition switch in the ON position (KEY ON) and wait at least 30 sec.
• CENTRAL DOOR LOCKING:
• Perform a door LOCK /UNLOCK operation with the remote control

Might also try locking/unlocking with the key in the door.

Say a prayer and tell your car how much better it is than a Ferrari and that you will never sell it. Sometimes that helps...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts