Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Maserati Granturismo
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have had the Granturismo for 4 years. It has been an awesome car. Even though it was in production for such a long time, its still a great looking car. The way things are going with v6 engines producing more power, hybrids and electric cars. The Granturismo is like the last of its kind with a naturally aspirated V8, I plan on keeping it for a while

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,169 Posts
Watching your video now...Keep up the good content

·
Registered
376 Posts

I have had the Granturismo for 4 years. It has been an awesome car. Even though it was in production for such a long time, its still a great looking car. The way things are going with v6 engines producing more power, hybrids and electric cars. The Granturismo is like the last of its kind with a naturally aspirated V8, I plan on keeping it for a while
Enjoy your video and your comments. I just finished 5 years with mine in Grigio Nuvolari. Problem free except for driver's visor - a little loose. Some day I'll need to spring for a new one. Good luck!

·
Registered
No Maserati yet
5 Posts

I have a 2016 C7 Corvette Z51 and thinking about buying a Maserati. How would you compare the two such as the interior quality, power response, and maintenance average costs? Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Maserati Granturismo
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2016 C7 Corvette Z51 and thinking about buying a Maserati. How would you compare the two such as the interior quality, power response, and maintenance average costs? Thanks.
The ride quality and interior quality feels better in the Maserati. Plus I really love the sound of the Maserati. The Corvette will feel quicker, I think the Granturismo is rated for about 4.7sec 0-60 compared to around 4.0 sec on the C7.
I can't really talk on the maintenance cost because I do my own oil changes on the Maserati, I spend like $120- $130.
On the Corvette I have also done my own maintenance including the fluid changes, Brake fluid flush, transmission, coolant differential, drive belt replace, battery. I also have a wheel bearing go bad at around 40k miles.

·
Registered
No Maserati yet
5 Posts
The ride quality and interior quality feels better in the Maserati. Plus I really love the sound of the Maserati. The Corvette will feel quicker, I think the Granturismo is rated for about 4.7sec 0-60 compared to around 4.0 sec on the C7.
I can't really talk on the maintenance cost because I do my own oil changes on the Maserati, I spend like $120- $130.
On the Corvette I have also done my own maintenance including the fluid changes, Brake fluid flush, transmission, coolant differential, drive belt replace, battery. I also have a wheel bearing go bad at around 40k miles.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have had mine (bought new at steep discount) for 4.5 year and zero issues other than the prior said drivers visor and {my fault} I kicked the drivers seat control and it broke off

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have had mine (bought new at steep discount) for 4.5 year and zero issues other than the prior said drivers visor and {my fault} I kicked the drivers seat control and it broke off
LOL I also (my fault) kicked the driver's seat control and broke it off!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Yeah PAIN in the a$$ each time I have long legs and have broke it off 4 times.....right now its at a shop and I told them to fabricate several "L" brackets, paint them black and permanently attach to the seat itself...actually am willing to sacrifice looks to get it attached FOR GOOD.

·
Registered
110 Posts
get yourself the new C8 vette whole different ballgame. Have seat time in all 3 mentioned cars.
Only issue is you’ll have a year wait on a C8 unless you wanna pay premium of 25K for a used one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts