Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I was looking some upgrades for my Maserati and I came across the Formula Dynamics products like I think most of us did.
Now about the quality, nothing to say but about the prices what the hell of price, in the dedicated section almost everything is standing over 1000$ really really overpriced in my opinion, okay we have an "exclusive" car but ( ex.) spacers at 650$ plus shipping and tax?? :laugh:
Sound really strange to me that no other facory like heibac, bilstein, kw and many others are not producing something for Maserati cars.

End of complains...

I would like to know if upgrade parts starting from the 2001/2 model 4200, coupe, spider like spacers and brake hoses, braking pads, are suitable for the Gransport as well, it should be because the car is almost the same at the end of the day.

Than you for your help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You have to remember that when Eibach makes a lowering coil set for a Honda Civic they will likely sell 50,000 which means $5 profit on each they will break even. This gives them more flexibility on pricing. Now if someone makes a lowering coil for our cars they will be lucky to sell 1,000. Now assuming the same cost for tooling, etc the price has to go way up to break even. Once you realize, be thankful someone was willing to take the risk to even produce them in hopes they would sell enough to cover the costs of development.

That having been said, do some research and you may be able to get stuff cheaper (ie. Maserati shares the same bolt pattern as some Ferrari and those spacers can be found for a lot less).

Colby

·
Registered
996 Posts
Keep an eye out for used FD bits (DBW, ECM). They are nice enough to take it back, upgrade, and send to you for a small fee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.