Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
qp on topgear?

Yesterday there was supposed to be a quattroporte review, that I missed,(d'oh!). Did it happen? Will you post it in bittorrent? :?:

·
Registered
909 Posts
I believe TLC in the US has picked up Top Gear, and is showing last year's season from the beginning.

(I am not sure, however they were introducing the track at the RAF facility they bought, and showing their post for track times which was empty, and I know I've seen episodes where that was nearly full)

at any rate, to the point.

I wasnt especially impressed with the episode

1 - they didnt track test the car - just reviewed it
2 - they basically say because of the transmission its a great car if you live in the country, not so great for the city

I dont think they really appreciated the car for what it is, and I know I personally love it a whole lot more than they do, especially when compared to its competition..

in other words.. you're not missing much.

just my $.02

- mark

·
Registered
196 Posts
The guy who drove it really liked it. The presenter is a somewhat opinionated git, very amusing though. He does not care for paddle shifters. Also not for tree huggers, speed cameras and public transport and the like.

Top Gear is a fun show. Irreverent English humour. I just got done watching the next episode, which shows the presenter in a race from London against his two minions. He drives a McLaren Mercedes SLR, the minions take public transport, plane and ferry. It is very funny to watch, check it out. And the loser's final thought is "oh c*ck". Try that on US telly heh heh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts