Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I signed up to drive in a local exotic car rally. Mille Miglia NY/NJ Columbus Day Charity Event.

I received an email back:

"The show is strictly for exotic cars, and Porsche, BMW, Aston Martin and Maserati will not qualify for this Sunday’s event.
You are more than welcome to attend the event when the rally ends at Fresco Da Franco, located at 15 Church Street, Montclair NJ."

Really?? A GT isn't an exotic car?

·
Registered
423 Posts
So I signed up to drive in a local exotic car rally. Mille Miglia NY/NJ Columbus Day Charity Event.

I received an email back:

"The show is strictly for exotic cars, and Porsche, BMW, Aston Martin and Maserati will not qualify for this Sunday’s event.
You are more than welcome to attend the event when the rally ends at Fresco Da Franco, located at 15 Church Street, Montclair NJ."

Really?? A GT isn't an exotic car?
is that "invisible ink," i can't tell... :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though, ok maybe we aren't exotic...we damn sure are "EXCLUSIVE!"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Most car shows here in indiana is full of mustangs, camaros and corvettes...i get tired of looking at the same thing at all the shows

·
Super Moderator
3,299 Posts
My guess is that while the GT would qualify, it's actually so exotic they didn't even think of it when they were banning Ghiblis and Levantes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i'd call it an exotic for sure; however, if the cars intended to be assembled are Mclarens, Ferraris, Lamborghinis... the argument can be seen both ways.

either way, at a minumum, it is definitely an elitist car show.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Maserati is truly one of the exotic brands....always has been, always will be.
Some of the narrow minded folks think exoticism is all about price. NO!!! Certain brands have made historically significant vehicles, that have been remembered thru time. Think many pre Ferrari Alfa Romeos, Lotus cars steeped in racing history, Maserati Birdcage, Type 57? etc. Remind that individual that Maserati invented the "GT" car. Some of these cars were moderately priced in the day, yet priceless now. Some are vica versa.
What is really sad here is that it is a charitable event you wish to attend....and they say no!!! Jason nailed it here. I'd wave the money they won't receive from the contribution etc at them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have never been turned away from any event in my GT. Last week I was with my buddies, mainly all F Cars, 4 Stradales, a Scud, and a Pista..

I'm sure this was targeting the Ghiblis. But they are stupid either way.

I even appreciate the higher end BMW's and Mercedes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You ever get to Artomobilia in Carmel.
i bought my GT in june of this year... i did goto the event and walked around but my car was not entered into the event since deadline to enter ended in march i think

i will definitely be in there next year.. there was no other maserati granturismo’s at the event which was a surprise

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Facebook page for this club shows different event pictures. One has a Maserati banner, another is sponsored by the Maserati dealership and another shows a GranTurismo. Their reply doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I sent pics and followup email...

“Gentlemen, after consideration and my love for all makes of cars, I have decided to allow Maserati, BMW i8 and Porsche to enter this Sunday’s Columbus Day Charity Car Rally/Show. However, you will be allowed to rally with us through the scenic Bear Mountain, New York.

You must have a Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Pagani or Bugatti to be parked on Church Street and enter the car show. If you have a Porsche, BMW i8, or Maserati, you may rally to the end and park on Fullerton Street in the Chase Manhattan parking lot.”

I will represent for Maserati and show us all proud. Pics will follow.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dear Sir? Thanks but the Maserati name has been around longer than any of those upstart brands. Second rate citizenship is truly disrespectful. I suggest you reeducate yourself on automotive history. Would you put a Birdcage in the garage. How about a classic Alfa Romeo Montreal etc....? You seem to be far less informed than you think.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Let us know how many bugatti’s and pagani’s came to the show (if u ended up going)

and the email states the word “i”... so its just one guy deciding how a charity event should be?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts