Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road&Track issue June 2008

2012:

1) "Maserati CEO Roberto Ronchi talks of increasing output to '20,000 cars after 2012'"

2) A new (third model) "more dynamic" Coupe or Spyder to compete with Porsche 811 and Aston V8 Vantage by 2011 or 2012.

2A) Possibly built on GM's Sigma Platform. (Current platform for Cadillac CTS, STS, SRX)

3) Fourth Maserati Model - small sedan to rival BMW M3 and Lexus IS F. No comment from Ronchi

4) Ronchi comments about price range, "Future Maseratis are somewhere between 80K and 130K Euros."

·
Registered
225 Posts
Some interesting ideas but these articles are never very accurate... mostly just to get attention and sell magazines. For instance I think they predicted Alfa Romeo would be selling cars in the US in 2007. Or was it 1997?

Also no mention of technology sharing with Jaguar. Tata now owns Jaguar in full and they have a technology sharing agreement with Fiat. I am pretty sure they will not do anything on a GM platform. The Alfa 159 (which is based on a GM platform) is way too heavy and I bet Fiat et al is holding a grudge.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=2&article_id=6752

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think Fiat is holding a grudge - they made a quick $2 Billion off of GM. :)

Alfa Romeo doesn't have a rear wheel drive platform. So either Alfa/Maserati design a new one or they adapt an existing one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.