Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying an Maserati Granturismo for a daily driver. Just wondering if anyone is doing that, and what you all think about it?

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
A) where do you live?
B) GranTurismo, the words are joined but the T is capitalized. Similar to the GranSport.

It's a beautiful car!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was thinking about buying an Maserati Granturismo for a daily driver. Just wondering if anyone is doing that, and what you all think about it?
I have mine as the daily driver. I have another daily driver that I never drive since getting the GranTurismo :thumbsup:

I put 7,700 miles over the last 9 months and put winter tires (Sottozero) last month so I can keep driving it even when temperatures drop down to the teens here in WA.

Only issue is that I switched coffee shops and now I go to one that is 10 miles away so I can drive a bit longer

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Daily driver....drive her daily. How many miles a day?

·
Registered
73 Posts
As many as you'd like. There was a client of mine that bought a Maserati in Cali (has a home near the desert) and drove it to Ft.Lauderdale Florida (5 days of driving with a few stops for scenery) so it is a great daily driver imo :autofahrer:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
As many as you'd like. There was a client of mine that bought a Maserati in Cali (has a home near the desert) and drove it to Ft.Lauderdale Florida (5 days of driving with a few stops for scenery) so it is a great daily driver imo :autofahrer:
Atta Boy, Desert Man..... I do it all the time.....

Well, just 1 day of driving... 9-10 hours.... my service tech swears that its good for the car.
Keeping the revs up for extended periods

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for jumping in 10 years later! I drive my Granturismo 4.2L 25K miles/year, and it has close to 140K on the clock. Some major maintenance work early in her life, but other than that - just oil changes, tires are the norm. Got the oil level/chattering issue resolved on cold starts, by modifying the cam covers'actuators, etc., which was common with the early engines as well as the Ferrari 430.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also just acquired an '85 QP III, and looking forward to getting that beast sorted and on the road again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts