Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have ordered an GS MC Victory with an anticipated completion date of July 20, 2006. This will coincide with a family trip to Northern Italy.

I am hoping to see my car being built or preview its completion, and would love to visit the Maserati factory in Modena at that time.

Any suggestions/advice on arranging this tour. Tickets? Booking? Hotels?

While we are there, would also like to visit the Ferrari factory in Maranello. I hear its almost impossible to get into ("Fort Knox" according to my Maserati dealer). Is this true? Any advice on how to get factory passes?

Thanks,

Saanik

·
Registered
18 Posts
Need to be a Ferrari owner to get a tour...arranged by a dealer and they need VIN's etc to arrange it. If that is your situation, it is easy. If you can't get the tour but are in Modena/Maranello area anyway, still go..the Ferrari Gallery is worth the trip in itself, plus there are 4-5 great Ferrari/ automotive related shops to peruse. If staying in Maranello, the Planet Hotel is RIGHT across from the factory..oh, also eat at the Cavallino Restaurant, also right across from the factory, Enzo's favourite hangout in town.

Ciao,

Chris

'04 Gallardo
'97 F355 Spider
'01 996 C4
'01 Caterham Classic 7

·
Registered
773 Posts
trip

envy is the only word. i will let you use my 550 vin # if that will help. let me know, enjoy i waited too long too old.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Saanik - i just spoke with my dealer... he said the tour normally doesnt allow people into the factory itself (i.e. the actual assembly floor). However if you are lucky enough to have your car in its full glory there, i am sure they will let you look at it and maybe even touch it... hehe :)

Oh my MCV is close to completion (i think)... last time i checked (last week), teh record (1 week old at that time) showed that the car is at step 30 (out of 70)... so presumably, she will be done soon.

I hope. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I'm taking a factory tour June 20th - will report back on how it went! I arranged it through my dealer and through Maserati NA. All you need is your VIN # and requested dates.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I did the tour in Sept 05. It was excellent! You can find full details by searching prev threads.
We were sjhown around by a retired Exorts Sales Director - it was unhurried and my wife and I were the only people.
We toured France and Italy and when near Modena, we stayed at an excellent place just outside town. It was a converted old farm barn with its own kitchen facilities. A short drive of about a mile gets you to the main house where the restaurant is excellent and you sample anbou 10 courses!
It is called Villa Gaidello. www.gaidello.com
For other places check out www.tripadvisor.co.uk Its an excellent website where people who have stayed in hotels etc across Europe leave their own comments. Its great as you dont rely on the 'marketing' descriptions to make your bookings. If you look at the Villa Gaidello comments, you will see our report on the place including pictures of our Coupe parked outside!
The local area around the factory is not very pretty - its an industrial area. If you get a chance I would suggest a drive to take in Lake Como or Lake Garda - especially a town called Sirmione. We stayed at the hotel Marconi - a wonderful place. We even hired a speedboat which was delivered to the hotel jetty. It was a great way to visit the towns around the lake with no traffic.

Have a great trip.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Saanik - have the factory given you a number for your MCV?

hehe... mine is 38/180 (this number was snatched from the Singapore allocation - i think).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Was just at the Dealership in Tampa with you....Congrats on that beautiful MC Victory! I am very jealous! I think I'll end up getting the Bianco Gransport (tell your wife that my "fragile male ego" can survive the white, heh).

How was Reeves to deal with? Do you think you were treated pretty well? Do you know much about their service department?

Thanks, and congrats again!

-Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the kind words. We are all very excited about the "new addition" to the family. I am glad you have decided on the Bianco Fuji GS. Don't tell my wife, but between you and me, I liked the Bianco Fuji better than the black. At the Maserati factory, the Victory Blue and the Bianco Fuji were the two Gransports displayed in the front showroom, both were MC Victories.

Reeves was straightforward. Since I ordered a limited production MC Victory, there were no negotiations. I paid MSRP, cash deal. I know nothing about there service and will surely look to you for guidance, since you have much more experience with the Maserati marque.

Looking forward to trading stories about our new cars.

·
Registered
237 Posts
picked it up today, what a thrill blasting down 75 to sarasota!

car is magnificient, beyond expectations by a long shot, and i had an '03 before!

look forward to hearing about your car, post pix for everyone to see...absolutely gorgeous!

-rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
maseratifan
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing