Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all!

Just wanted to pass along the great experience I had this week during a tour of the factory in Modena. I was with family in Roma and Toscana for a few days, and made the trip on Tuesday for a tour (pre-arranged easily with help from Maserati NA). First of all, a very impressive assembly facility. In my various careers, I've visited and worked in a number of manufacturing plants (automotive and others), and this was among the best. Of course, seeing that many beautiful Maseratis in production was a sight to behold (as was seeing row after row of delicious 4.2L engines...and listening to them being run through their RPM range in the testing area).

Another really sweet "extra" to the tour was seeing/touching a MC-12 in the new showroom/display/demo area that Maserati has recently constructed. What a piece of art and engineering that thing was.

The other "factoid" I really enjoyed was that there are about 600 or so Maserati employees, and nearly 70-80 of them work in the racing group. The heritage remains strong!

I encourage you all to take the time to visit Modena if you're in Italia for any reason. I can also recommend a great villa in Toscana if anyone's interested!

Now if I can just convince my wife that a new GS would be a sound investment... :)

Ciao.

- Rick

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sounds GREAT!!! I wish I can be there!

By the way, did you notice any MC Victory GS around? I was told my one should be tested at around last week. If everything goes right, my baby should be here in Hong Kong in another month (plus or minus a week).

Can't wait... :D

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't specifically look for an MC Victory GS, but there were one or two on the interior assembly line, near the end of the production cycle (just before the test cycle) that were of the distinctive blue color of the MC Victory GS!

I'll post a couple pics of the MC12 and the factory in a day or two.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh my god! One of those should be mine!!!

My one is being tested sometime around now (or would have done it already...)

I am sooo envious...

If you have pics... please post them... many thanks! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a few pics from my visit to the Maserati Factory...

Welcome Center, MC12, and a birdcage frame...

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
A factory tour sounds great! Thanks for the summary of your trip.

Did they allow you to take pictures inside the plant? Is it a guided tour?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pics allowed inside the plant, though a comprehensive "virtual factory tour" CD is given to you after the tour. Yes, it is guided, by a very knowledgeable Maserati rep (at least ours was - including lots of great info about the Maserati racing heritage). You do need to schedule this tour well in advance, of course. You can take pics in the "showroom" at the entrance/reception area. This is the same area where you can take delivery of your new Maserati, should you so choose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts