Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a USA guy...

I am logged on in my hotel room in Florence, Italy.... (pretty nice city)

Went to Modena yesterday... will send photos and my impressions when I get back to the states...........my photos are nothing special, nothing we have not seen on this board, as photos inside the factory are forbidden...

More like NASA than a factory......... pretty damm cool !

Saw Alfa 8c in production as well.... they started one up and it sounded like a fire in a fireworks factory !

My car was shipped the day before I arrived... will have it by the end of the month (blk / bge GT)

Heard a buzz in the air about a "proto type" not sure what that was about?

Oh well... details to follow..... Maserati, Modena is one cool place.....

I will also include details about the guy from Holland that got his GT unvailed in front of me, with Champagne and the works.... they then affixed his Dutch lics. plate and out the door he drove as I turned green with envy... (good envy)

Ciao,

Easy Does It

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow - very cool. Does Maserati offer the European delivery option the way Porsche/BMW/Volvo do, where you can pick up your car in europe, drive it around for a few weeks, and then bring it back to have it shipped to the US?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drive and ship ?

unless I missed something Maser does NOT offer that option (guys correct me if I am wrong)

I think when you drive it out it is YOURS

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Actually chaps, Maserati does offer the option. Look up on their website and you'll find it. You need to log in in the Owners' area and it's somewhere there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Big Foot

It would not have mattered to me, especially since I have witnessed first hand the Italian driving style (balls to the wall) a real free for all.... I think I would be ok zipping around in a Mini Cooper or a SMART , but I would not want to expose the "new baby" to this ............ I would describe it as one large CHICKEN FIGHT..... if you flinch you lose............ gotta love it....

I told my wife that I figured out the problem................ EXPRESSO

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did you book the tour direct? I'm driving down from the UK to Modena later this year & need to organise it so they are open lol, I'd hate to get all that way & them all be off for august!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fade two grey

I booked it through MNA........... girl's name was Anisa that handled it... very nice............ careful, they do have some month or so... in the summer that they either shut down factory or at least shut down tours....

·
Registered
478 Posts
Very difficult to get much done in August - the whole country seems to split for 30 days. I'm close to booking a factory tour for late June, unfortunately without my car, but we're looking at a route from Milan - Palma - Modena - Portvenere then down the coast to Rome.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Usually the week around August 15th is off (Aug 15th being a national holiday), but factory workers get more than 1 week off. I'd say early August or late August should be ok, but write off the middle couple of weeks at least.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.