Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati (UK) have finally decided to offer a one year extension on the basic 3 year factory warranty. No details yet.
The retail price is £1900 - any views on the "value" offered?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would jump on that in a second. Considering the cost of a new engine ($40,00), a Hydrolic Pump ($18,000), I believe the failure of ANY item in the vehicle will more than justify the cost of the warranty.

I too also asked my local dealer about Private Aftermarket Warranties, a not surprisingly he was not fond of them (the if we the dealer don't sell it and make $$ off it, it aint worth it sydrome I beleive), however he stated that at the end of this year, Masarati has plans to come out with a form of an extended warranty program he said closely resembles the Ferrari "power" warranty plan.

If I am going to keep the car past warranty, I will buy either of the two, being hopeful that Maserati indeed does offer some form of warranty program.

·
Registered
22 Posts
barbuckle said:
Maserati (UK) have finally decided to offer a one year extension on the basic 3 year factory warranty. No details yet.
How much in USD ?

What does it cover ?

Isn't the Factory Warranty 4 Years ?

F-Cars are 3 Years.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1Turbo said:
How much in USD ?
What does it cover ?
Isn't the Factory Warranty 4 Years ?
F-Cars are 3 Years.
In the UK we "benefit" from just 3 years factory warranty (who says Fiat are focusing attention on the North American market?)

So that would be roughly $3,500 for 12 months additional cover.

·
Registered
41 Posts
barbuckle said:
Ouch. When I bought the car (at just under 2yrs old from the dealer, ex-demo) I asked about extended warranty - and they said it would be "about £1000". Hurrumph.

Is it me, or does the best part of 2 grand a year seem a bit steep for the peace of mind that stuff won't just break? I'm currently enjoying an alarm which sets itself off inexplicably every time you set it, for several days at a time, then clears up. And aircon (I hope) which periodically drips water on your feet whilst driving. Mirrors that sometimes go haywire when selecting reverse, and a Tracker that I'm sure has been disconnected from power or something else to stop it working.

All of these 'repairs' scream "expensive" though almost all have been previously 'fixed' under warranty (patched up, more like). I'm getting pretty fed up with Maserati - and I don't see the shift to Alfa dealerships making the whole experience any better.

:-(

Ewan

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Nav/Sat needs a hard reboot, and the dealer can adjust the sensitivity of the alarm. Mine used to go off in the rain (gentle, northern california kind...)
Prices of warranties are always calculated to make money for the manufacturer. Risk actuaries spend months pouring over data to arrive at the cost. It might still be worth it for the catastrophic events. I will probably let mine go around December of 2006 when the warranty expires, perhaps leaving a cushion of 2 months for the next owner. I am not bored with the car yet, but I seldom exceed 2 years for everyday cars...

EwanD said:
barbuckle said:
Ouch. When I bought the car (at just under 2yrs old from the dealer, ex-demo) I asked about extended warranty - and they said it would be "about £1000". Hurrumph.

Is it me, or does the best part of 2 grand a year seem a bit steep for the peace of mind that stuff won't just break? I'm currently enjoying an alarm which sets itself off inexplicably every time you set it, for several days at a time, then clears up. And aircon (I hope) which periodically drips water on your feet whilst driving. Mirrors that sometimes go haywire when selecting reverse, and a Tracker that I'm sure has been disconnected from power or something else to stop it working.

All of these 'repairs' scream "expensive" though almost all have been previously 'fixed' under warranty (patched up, more like). I'm getting pretty fed up with Maserati - and I don't see the shift to Alfa dealerships making the whole experience any better.

:-(

Ewan

·
Registered
41 Posts
v12gte said:
The Nav/Sat needs a hard reboot, and the dealer can adjust the sensitivity of the alarm. Mine used to go off in the rain (gentle, northern california kind...)
Thanks - I'm not sure this is a sensitivity issue (since it had 2 sensors replaced just over a year ago because of the same problem, and it has been fine since - until about a week ago).

Is the SatNav system reboot something that I can do myself? I'd like to check and see if that might clear the issue before dragging the car back to the service center (which is about 1hrs drive away, plus the hassle of getting back or waiting for a slot when they can give me a courtesty car etc etc).

thanks in advance!

rgds
Ewan

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had the dealer do the reboot, although you could try a battery disconnect for 15 minutes (I am not a professional !!!)
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
v12gte
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing