Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who lose sleep over their car’s depreciation ( in spite of what seems to be 90% consensus on this forum that the future resale value of our Maseratis should never be one of the factors when choosing to buy this magnificent automobile ) : As no doubt many, if not most, of our friends and brethren here have experienced the value of our market investments / retirement savings portfolios plunging to levels which are at best worrisome to possibly panic-stricken ( particularly those of us folks who were hoping to retire in the next 1-3 years ) I’ll share a personal note : the value of our retirement nest egg has dipped by the equivalent of about seven brand new ( last year’s model ) fully loaded GTS-es , at the dealers full sticker price , which we “lost “ in just the past couple of weeks . And who knows when and if we’ll ever recover that. So if you’re concerned about what your car may be worth next year or the year after that , with all due respect ..DON’ T BE .. it’s so irrelevant now in the overall scheme of things , it should not even be a passing thought . Stay safe, health is by far the most important aspect of anything , and just enjoy the car for the driving pleasure it offers, its monetary value is more insgnificant than ever , IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those who lose sleep over their car’s depreciation ( in spite of what seems to be 90% consensus on this forum that the future resale value of our Maseratis should never be one of the factors when choosing to buy this magnificent automobile ) : As no doubt many, if not most, of our friends and brethren here have experienced the value of our market investments / retirement savings portfolios plunging to levels which are at best worrisome to possibly panic-stricken ( particularly those of us folks who were hoping to retire in the next 1-3 years ) I’ll share a personal note : the value of our retirement nest egg has dipped by the equivalent of about seven brand new ( last year’s model ) fully loaded GTS-es , at the dealers full sticker price , which we “lost “ in just the past couple of weeks . And who knows when and if we’ll ever recover that. So if you’re concerned about what your car may be worth next year or the year after that , with all due respect ..DON’ T BE .. it’s so irrelevant now in the overall scheme of things , it should not even be a passing thought . Stay safe, health is by far the most important aspect of anything , and just enjoy the car for the driving pleasure it offers, its monetary value is more insgnificant than ever , IMO.
Agree, but the price turnaround should happen over time.
lovely cars, just try to not break it much.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Agree, but the price turnaround should happen over time.
lovely cars, just try to not break it much.
"Try not to break it much" can be said for any new car today. One of the real benefits of my 2014 GT is that it's very DIY friendly. Not at all true of cars today. I tried working on a just out of warranty Honda a few weeks ago, GOOD LUCK with that!!!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I take care of my own financials, so no market/loss risk for me. Any monies that i lose, come by my own hands. But that's a different way than most would go and a horse of another color.
Couldn't agree with you more about health though! It is the one thing that i hold above all else in this life, always have. Most everything pales in comparison when it comes to health.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I haven't even looked to see what's happened with my investments, and I'm not gonna. No point losing sleep over it. My GT though, that's still waiting for me in the garage to enjoy all summer!! I bought it for fun, not to make $$ on. It's all about smiles per mile (sorry, should say KM being as I'm Canadian)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts