Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my car to the napleton maserati of indianapolis for valve cover leak and power steering pump failure 5 weeks ago. Got a call yesterday that the car is finally ready. I go and turn the car on and there is thick white smoke coming out of the exhaust and check engine light turns on. Car was also rough on idle with rpm gauge a little shaky.

The service manager swore that the car wasnt doing it a few hours ago (which i don’t believe). So all that was yesterday and the tech told me he will pull it in right away and see whats going on with it.

fast forward to next day which was today i just dropped by to have a look and see if there is an update it seems like they did not do anything and said will have to open valve covers again. This is ridiculous! 5 weeks of waiting and they could not get the job done correctly. Also the whole car had some kind of black dust all over from being in the workshop. Shouldnt they have the courtesy to wash the car knowing that they had the car for 5 weeks and u give the customer his car back all dirty? I keep the car extremely clean at all times

just wanted to vent!
U guys can share your experiences on here with maserati dealers..

can it be any worse than my experience?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Dropped my car to the napleton maserati of indianapolis for valve cover leak and power steering pump failure 5 weeks ago. Got a call yesterday that the car is finally ready. I go and turn the car on and there is thick white smoke coming out of the exhaust and check engine light turns on. Car was also rough on idle with rpm gauge a little shaky.

The service manager swore that the car wasnt doing it a few hours ago (which i don’t believe). So all that was yesterday and the tech told me he will pull it in right away and see whats going on with it.

fast forward to next day which was today i just dropped by to have a look and see if there is an update it seems like they did not do anything and said will have to open valve covers again. This is ridiculous! 5 weeks of waiting and they could not get the job done correctly. Also the whole car had some kind of black dust all over from being in the workshop. Shouldnt they have the courtesy to wash the car knowing that they had the car for 5 weeks and u give the customer his car back all dirty? I keep the car extremely clean at all times

just wanted to vent!
U guys can share your experiences on here with maserati dealers..

can it be any worse than my experience?
I don't blame you, i'd be pissed too! And then you couldn't even was the car, come ooonnnn MAAAN!!!

3,691 Posts
I agree...5 weeks to keep a car is kinda ridiculous unless you can't get parts...Golden rule of an auto repair shop is get them in and out...The longer the car stays the less you make...It is more chance for things to go wrong or get damaged.. Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up a brand new 2018 GT and in the first 2 week's and 500 miles in, I ended up having a dead battery. Had to get it towed to nearest dealership. Turned out the battery failed after "testing" and new one was installed. Got it back, now alarm isn't working at all (no chime upon locking/unlocking or panic sound) still have yet to hear from Dealer on any resolution or way to keep me satisfied. I'm not holding my breath anymore. It was definitely a pretty bad experience I went through.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave them a deadline by next friday to have the car ready... and it will be the 6th week the car will be with them

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow. That kind of experience surely is a reason why these cars aren't enjoying more appreciation by the market. Dealers don't help themselves with these terrible stories.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OMG, that is crazy!! 5-6 weeks?? They must have been waiting on parts, but they should ordered them and given the car back until they came in. No reason to just keep the car. Sorry you had such a bad experience. I won't be taking my car to them for work. I guess I try down south. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gave them the car because i was traveling for 18 days. Figured by the time i get back it would be done but they only started work a week from yesterday. The car was outside in snow and rain for over a month. I was not going to drive it around in indiana winter but now the weather is getting better.. hence deadline for friday for them to get their act together
All the work being done was under factory warranty which expired today feb 21st

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I gave them the car because i was traveling for 18 days. Figured by the time i get back it would be done but they only started work a week from yesterday. The car was outside in snow and rain for over a month. I was not going to drive it around in indiana winter but now the weather is getting better.. hence deadline for friday for them to get their act together
All the work being done was under factory warranty which expired today feb 21st
This might get even more interesting!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive got extended warranty so thats not an issue.. all the work done by them was going to be under warranty regardless if i had extended or not

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Maserati dealership stories? They all begin with, "So I took my car to the dealership..."

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
The only way I’d step foot ( or step tire ? ) into any dealer service department would be if it was under the original warranty, or for a recall ( as was the case with the emissions “patch” ) and all work is free ..while holding my fingers crossed that they’re don’t screw it up . The financial aspect of that free work may be worth the wait, although nonetheless frustrating when it comes to absurd timelines mentioned here.
I said “ original “ warranty because of what I’ve read on this forum about CPO warranties which are as big of a horror story as going to the dealer ..so you’re doubling your misery ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it wasnt for the factory warranty i would never ever take my car to the dealership.. and this experience just confirmed my belief

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Jason, that’s funny because it’s something I constantly lecture my buddy with the 2102 MC in SoCal who takes his car to the dealer and pays at least twice of what an independent shop will charge him... He’s telling me ; “ but it’s so convenient , they give me a loaner, and all that ..” Umm.. dude, Enterprise wil courtesy pick you up both pre rental, and drop you off after your car is ready, all for about a $ 50 / day rental fee and that’s for a decent car you can live with for a few days or a week. But if you think the dealer’ loaner is worth the extra $ 1,000 or more you pay for any comparable work, go right ahead ,. I hope you get a Ferrari loaner .. for that price difference :rolleyes:?

3,691 Posts
Jason, that’s funny because it’s something I constantly lecture my buddy with the 2102 MC in SoCal who takes his car to the dealer and pays at least twice of what an independent shop will charge him... He’s telling me ; “ but it’s so convenient , they give me a loaner, and all that ..” Umm.. dude, Enterprise wil courtesy pick you up both pre rental, and drop you off after your car is ready, all for about a $ 50 / day rental fee and that’s for a decent car you can live with for a few days or a week. But if you think the dealer’ loaner is worth the extra $ 1,000 or more you pay for any comparable work, go right ahead ,. I hope you get a Ferrari loaner .. for that price difference :rolleyes:?
I have that same conversation weekly with intelligent and sane people that own businesses...A long time ago we had a loaner cars as we sold some used cars like 20 years ago... Guess what...They came back with curb rash, cracked windshields, cigarette burns etc...Someone has to pay for that Sh%$...It all figures into your cost of doing business...I don't have a business degree..It is just common sense...Car Dealerships are not the Automotive wing of the Salvation Army.....Jason

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its really disheartening that the place that should know the most about fixing your Maserati does such a crap job at it. A big reason I bought my 16 MC was because it still had some warranty remaining. I don't know if that was worth it now. What's really scary is what could they have done changing a valve cover gasket to cause it to spew white smoke like that??

1 - 20 of 54 Posts