Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm going to purchase a Maserati Coupe, what are the year differences from 2002-2007 I want to know the right year to buy a used one. And the major years that there are differences.

Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Please try the search button first.

·
Registered
280 Posts
2002 was the first year

With that said many of the members here have had little to NO trouble with the first year back in the states; and the prices are great; for me I usually never buy the first year of anything; car or otherwise; goodluck in your search; dogdoc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about buying a 04 coupe cambiocorsa.. is there any notiable differences with the 03 model and 05 model?

·
Registered
69 Posts
The cambiocorsa software was upgraded in 2004, so it is an improvement over earlier years. That said, I am told you can update the older models.

Only difference I am aware of between 2005 and the earlier years is the update done to the rear bumper. (They added vents and grill work)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
One quick thing... make sure you can afford the 2k for tires, 600 for oil change, 3k for clutch and 3k for f1 pump, and so on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
oh ok so not really worth getting a 05 then, I'm really eyeing down this car

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=228651137
Did you run a CarFax on that yet? I just bought mine and when I was shopping I thought I remember coming across that car and it was Lemon Law victim. Not 100% sure its the same car, just make sure you check. Good price if its clean, expecially with a new clutch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
One quick thing... make sure you can afford the 2k for tires, 600 for oil change, 3k for clutch and 3k for f1 pump, and so on.
There are plenty of good tire options between $800-$1200, including mounting and balancing.

Oil Change = 9 qts of synthetic ($63) + Filter ($20) + 30 minutes of my time (free) or 30 minutes from reputable independent ($60+$10 shop supplies). Where are you getting your oil changed for $600?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not planning to buy one until Mid March, so I have time to look. I also want to buy a Tubi Exhaust. Can you purchase one and have them install it at a ferrari/ maserati dealership? I know they run like 2-3K.

I have a friend that works at wheelwarehouse.com, so I can get a good deal on tires and possibly new wheels.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
There are plenty of good tire options between $800-$1200, including mounting and balancing.

Oil Change = 9 qts of synthetic ($63) + Filter ($20) + 30 minutes of my time (free) or 30 minutes from reputable independent ($60+$10 shop supplies). Where are you getting your oil changed for $600?

Where are you getting 9 qts of a GOOD synthetic for 63 bucks, and the italian mechanic for 70 bucks? I seriously need to jump on that.

Regardless, a lot of people don't have the time or equipment to do their own oil change. The bolt in the block alone needs a 12 mm hex key. What the hell did they do that for!? Now, don't get me wrong. I do all my own maintenance, etc. and it is no where near 30 minutes ;] with all the stuff you take off (skid plate with the 30 different screws that wont fit the thing back on unless you go in the right insane order.

Dealers charge about 600 for the change in parts + labor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Norwood Performance charges me $91/hour and James Patterson is recognized as one of the best Ferrari mechanics around. http://www.norwoodperformance.com/service.htm

I did underestimate the time slightly as I forgot about the belly pan but I am in and out less than an hour. First time on a car you have not done before always takes a lot longer but then it gets much easier.

Around here I can buy good synthetic all day long at that price. In fact I just checked my records and I only paid $6/qt. last time I did the Ferrari (April of 2007). 10 qts for $60! Maybe everything just costs more in California?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
An oil change costs me the following....

10 qts of Mobil 1 0W-40 at 7 bucks a guart with tax.
1 Maserati Oil Filter at 27 bucks with tax.
--------------------------------------------------

97.00 bucks total...

BTW, another difference is after 2002 they changed the springs under the car to keep it from swaying so much in the corners. I think they changed it in the 2004 model year, but not in the 2003 model year.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't have to remove the belly pan on my coupe to change the oil. There's an access hole for the tank plug and the sump plug is not covered by it. If your hole doesn't line up, the pan is installed wrong. A half inch drive hex bit is like $10 and will last forever. Around here the range on suitable oil is $6 for full syn "euro" Castrol to $9.50 for Redline.

What I want to know is where you're getting filters for $20. The only source I see is the dealer at $33.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Added a cup holder in 2004

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I get my filters from Scott McLenaghan

at Park Place Maserati in Dallas, the 27 bucks includes shipping to Denver from Dallas.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Definitely run a CarFax....just before plunking coin for a too-good-to-be-true deal on an Aston DB-7, I decided to run a CarFax and found the car had been in a major accident. Repair work looked great but, I wouldn't touch it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts