Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Maserati Coupe and Spyder brake rotors are used on any other cars like Nissan or Porsche? I haven't been able to find anyone who sells aftermarket Maserati rotors for a reasonable price. However, I suspect that Maserati did not design a special rotor for the coupe/spyder. Most likely, they just took some rotors designed for another similar power/size/weight sportscar and put them on the Maserati. If we can figure out what other cars use the same rotors as Maserati then it should be easy to find great deals on aftermarket rotors for those cars and then just use them on the Maserati. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have been trying for a while to match my QP rotors as well.

Jeff from Formula Dynamics was looking at making some aftermarket rotors so a good idea to check with him and see what his plans are and/or if he has the specs that can then be crossed referenced off.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aftermarket Rotors

It's hard for me to imagine that Maserati would design a special size/spec rotor for their cars. Obviously, they don't build their own brake systems. Like most manufacturers they purchase them from suppliers. With all the existing brake systems out there I'm sure there are dozens of performance cars that have the same weight/performance ratio as the Maseratis. Why pay a supplier extra to make a limited production run of rotors that only fit Maserati when they can just as easily use Nissan or Porsche or some other sports cars rotors and benefit from the fact that the suppliers are already making 100,000 rotors per year in that particular design? So, I don't think it's necessary to design or build a custom aftermarket rotor for our Maseratis. If we can figure out what car uses the same rotors we can buy aftermarket performance rotors made for that car and the price will be cheap. Does anyone have the ability to match up Maserati rotors against a range of other models?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I haven't had a rotor off my car yet, but if you can measure the diameter, hole spacing, hub depth and min/max thickness then it can be cross referenced.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Due to the unique bolt pattern on the car, we were not able to find an affordable cross-reference part for the Maserati. We are working on a solution and will keep you guys posted. As always, thanks for the interest in our projects.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
It's hard for me to imagine that Maserati would design a special size/spec rotor for their cars. Obviously, they don't build their own brake systems. Like most manufacturers they purchase them from suppliers. With all the existing brake systems out there I'm sure there are dozens of performance cars that have the same weight/performance ratio as the Maseratis. Why pay a supplier extra to make a limited production run of rotors that only fit Maserati when they can just as easily use Nissan or Porsche or some other sports cars rotors and benefit from the fact that the suppliers are already making 100,000 rotors per year in that particular design? So, I don't think it's necessary to design or build a custom aftermarket rotor for our Maseratis. If we can figure out what car uses the same rotors we can buy aftermarket performance rotors made for that car and the price will be cheap. Does anyone have the ability to match up Maserati rotors against a range of other models?
Agreed - so, who has time and knowledge to do the research ?

·
5,887 Posts
Agreed - so, who has time and knowledge to do the research ?
Clearly, Jeff does :) ...

Due to the unique bolt pattern on the car, we were not able to find an affordable cross-reference part for the Maserati. We are working on a solution and will keep you guys posted. As always, thanks for the interest in our projects.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
793 Posts
Does anyone know if Maserati Coupe and Spyder brake rotors are used on any other cars like Nissan or Porsche?

I would guess that they are Brembo's and I'd bet that Porsche may use them. I'd look at the Boxster.

Contact Brembo and ask them.

They have very good support people.

After all, this should not be "rocket" science!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if Maserati Coupe and Spyder brake rotors are used on any other cars like Nissan or Porsche? I haven't been able to find anyone who sells aftermarket Maserati rotors for a reasonable price. However, I suspect that Maserati did not design a special rotor for the coupe/spyder. Most likely, they just took some rotors designed for another similar power/size/weight sportscar and put them on the Maserati. If we can figure out what other cars use the same rotors as Maserati then it should be easy to find great deals on aftermarket rotors for those cars and then just use them on the Maserati. Any thoughts?
Just replying to your post 12 years later. Call your local Maserati dealership and let them know make and model BTW they will ask you for your VIN# to get the parts that you need. Just a suggestion it work for me. I'm California, USA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts