Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why some Coupes have the trident badge on the side panels just behind the passenger rear windows and some do not? :confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
My '06 doesn't have them. Car looks fine without them.

If you like you can put them on yourself. I believe they can be bought from the dealers for not much $$.

·
Registered
228 Posts
OEM stickons............

:)I purchased a pair of the chrome Trident emblems from the dealership (FM of Orange County, CA) and installed them myself with the double-sided tape that came on them. Three years ago they cost $35.00 for each emblem. I like the look.... (Oh, BTW , mine is a 2003 Coupe CC).

·
Registered
35 Posts
IMO it makes a nice side profile difference. It catches your eye, not as much as a Yellow Ferrari badge but in a slightly similar way. =)

for under 70$ total, nice DIY add

·
Registered
624 Posts
IMO it makes a nice side profile difference. It catches your eye, not as much as a Yellow Ferrari badge but in a slightly similar way. =)

for under 70$ total, nice DIY add
Agreed totally, mine didn't have them either but my dealer gave them to me n/c, I think they sell for $75USD or some such, double back stick tape, I put them on in 5 minutes, to me it completes the car...that little Trident is a powerful statement.

·
Registered
306 Posts
These are $23 each inc. sales tax from the local dealer but they gave me a replacement pair for $40 total.

I liked the original pair the previous owner had added (standard chrome effect) but I used the dealer's paint (free) and sprayed them satin black that blends nicely on the black coupe. The badge still catches the eye but somehow the rear quarterpanel is eccentuated more than when the badges were "chrome".

The local tech commented on this when I took the car in recently and he thought this section of the roof is the best design feature on the car. I agree, I think the 3200/4200 shape is all about the roof line, just like the old Datsun z-cars (240z). Mind you, on the 3200 the hood vents are a nice feature too of course.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
This sounds awesome. Care to share a pic?
Will do once I get a chance.

I think the 3200/4200 shape is all about the roof line, just like the old Datsun z-cars (240z).
I should add I think it's all about how the roof and quarterpanel ties into the curved "hip" above the rear wheel arch ;) whereas the Z was the entire roofline in general.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
It's Italian!!! What do you expect - this is mechanical art and passion not boring, mind numbing German perfection (or at least they like to think so). :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maserati tried many combinations in '05 and '06 including trident shields or Italian flags on front fenders and cars with and without rear panel chrome tridents--they are Italian cars, what can we say?

RWS
2006 Gransport with front trident shields and rear tridents

1 - 18 of 18 Posts