Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on an '05 CC Coupe. While I will own another car, I want the Maserati for a daily driver. I drive <500 miles a month. Is this practical? What can I expect to spend annually on maintenance and common repairs. I live in an area with many steep hills, is this going to cause extra strain on the tranny? Thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
it is a great daily driver. I drive MUCH more than that and it is mine... I am falling asleep right now.. so maybe someone else can give you more info..

Or I can give you more info tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on an '05 CC Coupe. While I will own another car, I want the Maserati for a daily driver. I drive <500 miles a month. Is this practical? What can I expect to spend annually on maintenance and common repairs. I live in an area with many steep hills, is this going to cause extra strain on the tranny? Thanks in advance for your answers.
Hell, yes. I drive about 800/month. I drive the Maserati unless I need to carry my bike(s) or if there is really nasty weather (deep snow or ice).

The only impact of steep hills (I live in a hilly part of PA) is if you have a steep driveway, and you need to reverse up it. That does indeed toast the clutch a bit (though I'm at 20K on the original clutch with no signs of wearing out).

·
Registered
62 Posts
'06 GranSport here, I drive about 500-700/month, excellent daily driver.

Did the 3000 mile service with a reputable exotics tuner (not dealer), ran about $180 I think (dealer starts at $600).

The original battery died while it sat in my garage for about a week over Christmas and New Year, but I chose to replace it with a brand new one and put it in myself ($100 for the battery; dealer wanted the car towed to them and keep it two days just to check the system and charge/replace the battery - I don't think so..)

·
Registered
742 Posts
An Excellent Daily Driver....

I have been putting about 500 miles a month on my 04 CC for the past almost 3 years....

Car is rock solid and a complete blast. I am a little bit of a detail nut, so the car is not driven in the rain, snow and has never been to a car wash or a race track...

I was in your shoes about 3 years ago. Best purchase I ever made... I smile each and every time I turn on the engine and hear the tubi roar...

I started a service thread a while back, the title has "6000, 18500 mile service" in it, just do a seach and you will see what people are actually paying.

I have an excellent local mechanic that does all my services annually, cost me about 200 - 600 bucks each year give or take. 1,000 for tires at 12,000 miles. I buy the oil filters from the dealer. Use Amsoil. I got my air filter and brake pads from formual dynamics. Just changed the plugs for $100.00

The dealer is great, $150 per hour in labor is a lot for oil changes and basic fluid changes... You can cut your annual service costs in half by finding a great local guy.

Still on my original clutch at 18,000 miles. f 1 pump has been rock solid.

Get about 11 - 12 mpg.

As long as you are ok with eventually spending 2,500 - 3,500 on a clutch and perhaps another 2,000 on a pump, hopefully after you have had your car for several years and many miles... All will be well.

Welcome, good luck and enjoy!!

CM

·
Registered
139 Posts
I drive everyday regardless of weather. 1000+/month and no problems other than the lack of water channels above the windows when it rains.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I drive mine daily 500+ miles a month. It's great.

You do have to drive it though, not just sit in it.

On days you don't drive it, you'll daydream about driving it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just retired my 05 QP as my daily driver this month. Keeping the car though! Its just too cool to get rid of. Got it December 1, 2004.

I have put 74,000 miles on it. Never stranded me, extremely reliable, spent lots on tires. Two clutches (just did the second one at 73,000 miles), replaced pads once, no F1 pump issues and car is going out to pasture in great shape.

Ken

·
Registered
284 Posts
I use my 2004 Coupe everyday, and drive about 600 miles a month. I have not had a single problem in almost one year.

Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts