Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum, been lurking trying to find out possible remedies for my issue but haven't found much that worked when attempted. First off it was my father's car, I dont know much about it other than its a fairly low mileage gt (40ishk) and that its fairly rare. Definitely needs some tlc regarding sticky buttons and some other little things as such but, I went to start it in the spring time and the car was dead, put the battery on a tender, no luck. Replaced the battery and it turns over like crazy but won't start. I've read the standard way of checking for spark is bad for the electronics so I avoided that, checked the fuses in the trunk as was as under the passenger dash. Any incite would be great, thank you.
Anthony

·
Super Moderator
4,442 Posts
Lot's of things.
Some that spring to mind:
1) Do you have a little orange padlock light on the dash when trying to start?
2) Do you have any other lights?
3) Is it a stick shift of F1 box?
4) Do the break lights work when you press the pedal?

I'm sure a lot more will come along.

C

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lot's of things.
Some that spring to mind:
1) Do you have a little orange padlock light on the dash when trying to start?
2) Do you have any other lights?
3) Is it a stick shift of F1 box?
4) Do the break lights work when you press the pedal?

I'm sure a lot more will come along.

C
It's a three pedal car, I'll check the dash light today. Assuming if it has the padlock it's the key/immobilizer? I haven't a clue if he had the red card. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
4,442 Posts
It's a three pedal car, I'll check the dash light today. Assuming if it has the padlock it's the key/immobilizer? I haven't a clue if he had the red card. Thank you
Yes, padlock would be the immobiliser. You'd be looking for the grey card (I think) with the emergency start code. But can't recall off hand

C

1 - 4 of 4 Posts