Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the crappy pic, I shot this with my blackberry.

What an incredible car and hope it is restored to its former glory... :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Any progress to report on the restoration of this terrific car? Any pics to share? I hope she's getting the attention that she deserves!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Terrific! Thanks a lot. I hope to restore one too, one day, but first I need to find one! They're such special cars. I'm very interested in seeing this one come back to life.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry guys for the delay!

Really shocked to found the car in such a bad condition :thumbsdown:...on the good side, it is obviously complete and does not show any sign of past accident. The owner apparently left it under harsh sun and heat during years...and we know how fast humidity and temperature contrast can destroy a car in this part of the world. At current time he does not take any offer on it and does not wish to engage in a restauration either...so sad :ninja2:..But he just completed extensive work on a Lambo Jalpa so let's hope we this this beauty restaured one day :running::running::running:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Wow. Those pictures tell quite a story. At first I was a bit distressed to see the terrible neglect. Who would treat such a fine lady like that? But looking beyond the decay you can begin to see the potential of this car. As you said, it looks quite complete (although who knows about under the hood and the mechanicals?). It would make a great project car. I hope she sees some love soon or I might feel compelled to go on a rescue mission! ;)

Thanks a lot for posting, Belitalia.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hope you have a better idea now TBigs. I will keep an eye on it and let you know. I felt so sad that I even forgot to check condition the mechanicals!!!

Anyway from my short experience with classics I believe it has probably reached a point where it is still rescue able for a few dozens of dollars:
. full upholstery incl. seats, doors, ceiling, carpets (you will note that the driver used to seat on a
. electric harness, connections, switches etc...
. Superleggera aluminium bodywork (can be an expensive one)

Knowing the rapidly increasing value of the car, it is certainly worth the investment.

Keep you posted! :5_1_116[1]:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry guys for the delay!

Really shocked to found the car in such a bad condition :thumbsdown:...on the good side, it is obviously complete and does not show any sign of past accident. The owner apparently left it under harsh sun and heat during years...and we know how fast humidity and temperature contrast can destroy a car in this part of the world. At current time he does not take any offer on it and does not wish to engage in a restauration either...so sad :ninja2:..But he just completed extensive work on a Lambo Jalpa so let's hope we this this beauty restaured one day :running::running::running:
Hi.
Is this car still available for sale?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts