Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm looking at a 2008 Granturismo and just had an interesting conversation with a dealer. He said that the 2008 phone doesn't work in the US. I told him that I don't need Bluetooth, because I can put a dedicated GSM SIM chip into the slot. He said it doesn't work here in the US. I thought GSM was GSM (kind of the point of have a standard) and this doesn't make much sense to me.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Remember this is a 2008, not a 2009.

Thanks,

Sean.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Unfortunately, while GSM is a standard, the frequency over which cell phones communicate is not standard around the world. There's one standard for 90% of the world (Europe, AUS/NZ, Africa, Asia inc China, India, Vietnam, basically everywhere) and others for the rest of the world (US, Canada). Japan and Korea were oddities too, but as a quad-band phone user I don't know these days. My phone worked a treat at Tokyo Narita a few days ago.

The frustrating thing about Maserati is that given the sales volume in the US, why would they not make a US-compatible setup? Beats me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.