Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am negotiating on a CPO 2017 GranTurismo base convertible with 11,000 miles. If anyone has access to Manheim numbers, could you please let me know. Having those numbers would give me some bargaining power at the dealership. Any information would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Generally speaking, Carvana and CarMax price -15% is what they pay for a car. CarMax does dealer auctions now too, but they don’t do Maserati
Not sure how much info Mannheim has somebody here might be able to look

CPOing a car usually cost the dealership between 1-2000 on Mercedes for example, Maserati idk but probably similar since it’s all FCA

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Ask the dealership if they'll remove the CPO coverage in exchange for a price reduction. They add about $3k to the price for the CPO program (its not a warranty) and it is absolutely not worth the cost. As I've noted many times before in other threads, the Maserati CPO program SUCKS. Ask the dealership for the program documents and you'll see that almost everything is excluded from coverage. I went to battle with Maserati after I bought a CPO car and after they refused to cover issues with the car. I even wrote a personal letter to the CEO of Maserati USA regarding the program and their refusal to take care of the issues. The reply I received basically told me to pound sand, and the reply from the CEO was, "These things happen when you buy a used car." "Maserati" doesn't certify the cars...the dealerships do, and they have great leeway with regards to the certification process.

Reactions: Sock Tucker

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ask the dealership if they'll remove the CPO coverage in exchange for a price reduction. They add about $3k to the price for the CPO program (its not a warranty) and it is absolutely not worth the cost. As I've noted many times before in other threads, the Maserati CPO program SUCKS. Ask the dealership for the program documents and you'll see that almost everything is excluded from coverage. I went to battle with Maserati after I bought a CPO car and after they refused to cover issues with the car. I even wrote a personal letter to the CEO of Maserati USA regarding the program and their refusal to take care ofvthe issues. The reply I received basically told me to pound sand, and the reply from the CEO was, "These things happen when you buy a used car." "Maserati" doesn't certify the cars...the dealerships do, and they have great leeway with regards to the certification process.
Thank you for the information!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ask the dealership if they'll remove the CPO coverage in exchange for a price reduction. They add about $3k to the price for the CPO program (its not a warranty) and it is absolutely not worth the cost. As I've noted many times before in other threads, the Maserati CPO program SUCKS. Ask the dealership for the program documents and you'll see that almost everything is excluded from coverage. I went to battle with Maserati after I bought a CPO car and after they refused to cover issues with the car. I even wrote a personal letter to the CEO of Maserati USA regarding the program and their refusal to take care of the issues. The reply I received basically told me to pound sand, and the reply from the CEO was, "These things happen when you buy a used car." "Maserati" doesn't certify the cars...the dealerships do, and they have great leeway with regards to the certification process.
where's that "MaseratiCares" account now lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, (Just wanted to share my Experience) Non-Maserati owner

I was at the Maserati dealership in Dallas last weekend and they were doing the same B.S... My brother just purchased a Levante V8 2 weeks back and tell you the truth, I love the cars, but hate the dealers here, the sales guys act like the cars will drive out by themselves, during this pandemic... I ended up arguing with the sales guys for no reason... It was a waste of my time for 3 hours and was with my wife and 8-year-old daughter. I had GT CPO in mind, negotiated on the car, and asked for the FULL CPO list, finally, it seemed that they didn't have it... Ended up out of frustration leaving, wasting my family's time, and decided that I really didn't need it after all... I talked myself out of the purchase, the sales guy called me a lot to come back... It seems the dealers are not as enthusiastic as the customer. Not sure if this make any sense but just frustrating. The worst part of it, I have purchased 2 Porsche's from the same "company" in the last 3 years, just purchased a Macan GTS for the wife last year and my C4S in 2017..

But I have been hesitant, or shyful on a Maserati's, just when I built my courage... this BS happens... BTW my brother loves his SUV.. IT's a sexy car... Thanks for hearing me out...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I go into a dealership and if I don't know the salesman, I will never let them come close to thinking that they have something that I don't. I'm the one spending the money, they are he one with the car that they desperately want to sell. If they lie to me by telling me something and they change their story, I go crazy! If they blow smoke out their rears, touting their products, I just nod my head and tune them out. Buying a car can be really sketchy, even high end models.
As with Anilkumar, I have purchased three Porsches at a dealership that never gave me a hassle!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Footman,
Yes, I have had good experiences and some bad ones... Unfortunately we tend to share our bad experiences with everyone and good experiences just a few...

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Maserati dealerships are required to keep the CPO Program document available. My guess is that the dealership has the document (it's just like a sales brochure) but they didwant to show it to you because you'd quickly see what a crappy program it is. It absolutely is NOT worth the extra $3000 that dealerships tack on to the price of a used car!

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
501 Posts
Yeah, I never let the dealer think they're doing me a favor. I'm the buyer. They don't want to treat me with decency and sell at a fair price, I'll go elsewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts