Maserati Forum banner

Manheim Auction Reports for GranSports

4K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  paunch 
#1 ·
Does anyone have recent Manheim or other auction reports for 05-06 GranSports? I'm still in the market for a GranSport and I finally got around to listing my Lotus Exige. Hopefully that will be sold soon and I will then start a more aggressive search for my next weekend car.

Thanks!!

#4 ·
I love the Lotus. Just can't find time to get to the track these days and I want something a bit more "practical" (bit funny say that in the context of a Maserati :D ). Having rear seats and a trunk allows me to take the car out with the kids which gives me more opportunities to drive.

The Lotus is an amazing car. The handling and power to weight ratio makes it a blast to drive. I've never had a car with adjustable suspension (single adjustable Bilsteins) and it's great to be able to dial-in the stiffness.

Here is a link to the for sale ad on cars.com if you want to see some photos of the Lotus:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7cE-ANY%7cM-_29_%7cH-%7cD-_8191_%7cN-N%7cR-10000%7cI-1%7cP-PRICE+descending%7cQ-descending%7cY-_2006_%7cX-popular%7cZ-91301&aff=national&paId=273037852&recnum=9&leadExists=true

#6 ·
My local dealer just emailed my about an '06 GS with 2.5k he wants $76k !

I just can't justify it over my '02 coupe w/ 27k, new clutch, new reverse lever, tires, FD DBW, etc. for 1/2 the price. I can add FD springs, xpipe, Tubi's and an '02/'03 spider and have a Maserati ragtop as well !

#9 ·
Man don't buy from a dealer they will seriously rip you off... Trust me on this. I bought my car from Private party and I know people who buy from auctions and yea you might not know its history but you are def better of saving 10-20 grand and even having to put new clutch or f1 pump on it for fraction of the price...

#10 ·
If a dealer is only making $1000.00 ave profit on a used car how is it a rip off ? If you buy from a good dealer its a small price to pay to have someone to go to for help. The reason most people sell their own cars is because we wont give them more than they are worth. The prices from the auctions are not what the dealerships own it for you. We must pay a buyers fee to the auctions than pay to get it back to the store and run a saftey check and fix the things that are wrong. I just bought a mini van that was in FL. I paid 17700 for it 300 to auction and it is going to cost me 950 to get it back to WI. Keep in mind all the extra cost we incure to sell a car. The best thing you can do to get a good deal is to find a dealership and a salesperson you like and trust and only buy from them. We all can locate any type car you need.

#12 ·
Maybe your (as a dealer) are making a grand a car but then the cars your selling must only be for a few grand. Forget all the nonsense - basic math dictates that a car dealer, especially exotics, have to make thousands $10-$20k on a Maserati - just to stay in business or break even.

$1k x 1000 cars = $1 million. Basic rent, insurance, payroll, taxes, equipment . . . equals $XX Millions. Your bankrupt the first month.

Triple your profit per car, and maybe, maybe a small use car salesman could eeek out a small meager living.

#14 ·
Ramp, First let me tell you I am not a smalltime salesperson at a small dealership. I am a GM at a midsize Chevy/ Pontiac store. I have been in the business for over 20 years. I started out selling BMWs, MBs, Porsches and Lexus. I will sell a new Z06 for 1000.00 over invoice any day. Yes when it first came out we were over sticker for the first year. Good profits only last about 6-12 mth on a new car. Even if I did get sticker for a 80k car I would only make 7500 on it. I have friends at large Lambo stores and friends in Vegas who sell Ferraris, Masers and other highend cars who would love to make anykind of profits over 4000. Any new or used dealer will tell you the money is in service,service pays the bills sales and F&I are extra profit. I am not here to make trouble, it sound like you got a hell of a deal on your car. I have gone to more auctions than I care to. I am in the market to replace my lotus with a Maser coupe and have found many good deals at dealerships when I ckeck them againts the market reports. The point I was trying to make is find someone you like and trust and work with them and thay will want to help you with more than a sale. If I can find a car and turn it quick for a 1000 I will.

#15 ·
Not looking for an argument and dealers have every right to turn a profit but your email came off like "feel sorry for the poor car dealer"

I hear what your saying but it doesn't jive with what most of us have come to learn, e.g., we all know that a dealer can sell under invoice and still turn a few grand profit - manufacturer rebates, marketing, incentives etc.

Gotta go, best of luck, no hard feelings

#19 ·
Thanks again for the info!! Makes sense since the one I linked to is selling on Ebay for $47.5K.

Maybe I can ask the question a different way. I'm looking for a low mileage, (<10K) GS. Looking around and gathering as much information as possible about pricing, I hope to get an 06 in the low $60Ks or an 05 near $55K. Does this seem reasonable?

#24 ·
Okay, so I think I have my Lotus all sorted out now (buyer coming down next week to pick it up). I'm looking at a 2006 Grigio GS (VIN xxxx25415) that was originally sold at Continental Autosports in Illinois and was later sold at auction. It has 12,486 miles. Anyone know what this vehicle might have fetched at auction?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.