Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After changing the battery (no I did not go through the seat initialization process) I checked if my Memory2 setting was still stored, and the seat tried to crush me to death against the steering wheel. I tried everything I knew, all the reset procedures but the seat was dead. One of the fuses had blown (Brow seat heater one) I changed it and disconnected the battery and went through it all again. Nothing.
Eventually called the AA. Hours later he had taken the seat out and got it in to a position in which I can drive the car (it is still dead but heater works). In the process, the passenger seat is now dead and fully prone in the "lovers" position.
Left it disconnected over night but no change.
Question: is there a fuse specifically for the seats - not in the manual. Or am I looking at dead ECU's, if so is that a big job?
Sorry for the rant but any help most welcome.
GJ

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds like the electric motor

probably shorted out and wouldn't turn off. I think you will have to either replace it, or take it to your local dealer and let them look at it...

·
Registered
339 Posts
After changing the battery (no I did not go through the seat initialization process) I checked if my Memory2 setting was still stored, and the seat tried to crush me to death against the steering wheel. I tried everything I knew, all the reset procedures but the seat was dead. One of the fuses had blown (Brow seat heater one) I changed it and disconnected the battery and went through it all again. Nothing.
Eventually called the AA. Hours later he had taken the seat out and got it in to a position in which I can drive the car (it is still dead but heater works). In the process, the passenger seat is now dead and fully prone in the "lovers" position.
Left it disconnected over night but no change.
Question: is there a fuse specifically for the seats - not in the manual. Or am I looking at dead ECU's, if so is that a big job?
Sorry for the rant but any help most welcome.
GJ

There is a seat specific ecu inside the seat (remove the lower leather and padding and it sits in the front). If you get stuck, I have a drivers and passengers ecu as well as wiring harness and controls (seat was taken apart to turn into office chairs).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.