Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been posts on this subject before but would appreciate some recent data points. I just bought a used (OK, previously owned) 2004 Spyder. Car is still under warranty but I would like to take it in for an oil change and routine inspection since I bought it from a Astin Martin dealer. What should it cost me?

Also, I will probably need to replace the tires soon - I have seen some posts about buying the tires on line and then having them installed at local tire shops. Would appreciate any counsel on replacing tires that anyone might have.

Did I mention how much I love the car!? I am not a wealth person and had to save a few years to afford this car but I should have found a way to get one of these A LOT sooner!

Save Ferris.

Ollie

·
Registered
191 Posts
Depends on whether or not you need a 1-yr or 2-yr major service too... that might run you $1200-1800.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know there have been posts on this subject before but would appreciate some recent data points. I just bought a used (OK, previously owned) 2004 Spyder. Car is still under warranty but I would like to take it in for an oil change and routine inspection since I bought it from a Astin Martin dealer. What should it cost me?

Also, I will probably need to replace the tires soon - I have seen some posts about buying the tires on line and then having them installed at local tire shops. Would appreciate any counsel on replacing tires that anyone might have.

Did I mention how much I love the car!? I am not a wealth person and had to save a few years to afford this car but I should have found a way to get one of these A LOT sooner!

Save Ferris.

Ollie
Hello Ollie
The ordinary service routine is not a big deal for this car.
you need oil, filters, valvolines, and maybe sparkplugs depending on the service's mileage.
You can do this job on your own if you have little knowlegde of your car. if you don't i will gladly assist you.
My 4200 has no warranty so i perform these service routines my self.
I always use better spare parts than the OEM ex:
BMC filters
DENSO spark plugs
EBC red stuff for brake pads
Shell Helix Ultra 0-40w oil and valvolines
All of these do not cost over 800$.
If you buy OEMs they don't cost over 500$
So as you understand i save some money and have the pleasure of treating my baby as she deserves it.:)
if you cannot do this by your self you can also buy the spares, visit a repairer you trust and ask him to fit them on.
Tires cost around 1300$-1600$ depending on the brand (prefered Michelins or Pzeros).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts