Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to clean my MAF sensor, truth is I don't know which it is. So here are two images that I think are good candidates, anyone know which is the MAF? FYI 2004 GT Coupe

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
MAF snesor is in the first piuc of the throttel body of engine. Below the ribbed rubber part of hose there is the black plastic cylider that hooks to the airbox. This is where the sensor is.

I want to clean my MAF sensor, truth is I don't know which it is. So here are two images that I think are good candidates, anyone know which is the MAF? FYI 2004 GT Coupe

·
Registered
409 Posts
The second pic is of the sensor in the black tube. This cannot be takien out of tube. Tube must be removed from between throttle body and airbox. Then you can spray with MAF cleaner.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I should spray both these sensors and clean them correct?

·
Registered
409 Posts
only one sensor to clean and its in the tube between the throttel body and the airbox. Just remove palstic around engine unplugg sensor loosen hose clamps pull out and spray

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
ok just took out the air filter. i can actually reach up inside there and feel the sensor. seems to be a screen . i cleaned my filter 3,000 miles ago and already i see sand and dirt. im going to try to unplug it be right back hehe

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Thodge,ok got it, darn plugs are hard to figure out which way they unplug sometimes. u have to push in on the back side of the plug for it to release for anyone whos in terested. looks like to me i see two quick release clasps there. so can u get away with releasing them and just taking off one clamp???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts