Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found a place in Scottsdale that will lower my coupe. They are an authorized Lamborghini dealership and the head mechanic seems like he knows what he's doing. How much would you guys recommend lowering the front and back. I'm thinking of about an inch all around.
thanks in advance :D .

·
Registered
513 Posts
it really is an individual custom thing...

I don't think I could answer that nor could anyone here since the best way to lower your car is so that the top of the tire is at or near the top of your fender well, so it would really be an individual thing pertaining to your own vehicle. I think some other variables would be your weight, and whether you generally ride alone or with a passenger.

Please post pixs!, I am searching for a Dealer alternative here in the Bay Area to do mine. All my other cars are lowered and they all are at this time handling better around corners than the Maserati.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. The wheels on the Maser. are not as pushed out to the sides like a Ferrari or an M3 so I want to make sure that they are not lost under the top fender ie. G35. I'll post some before and afters, I very excited.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stardoc,
I lowered mine an inch (measured between the high setting and the lowered setting on the shock not the wheel well) all around. The car actually sits about 3/4 of an inch lower even though I spun the spring cups down an inch (springs are not linear). Be aware that the ride will get a little softer when you lower the car. Also make sure you get the alighnment checked afterwards. As far as making adjustments for riding alone or with someone (unless your a very big boy) . . . do what the factory does . . . . nothing.
PM me if you have any other questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advice guys. Beautiful color Sunburn...good luck on your sale. I'm probably going the custom exhaust route myself as the next mod.
I know the ride is softened a bit after lowering (due to decreased spring tension), would you say that the handling has improved though?
thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know the ride is softened a bit after lowering (due to decreased spring tension), would you say that the handling has improved though?
thanks[/quote]

Stardoc,
No real difference in the handling but it sure looks better. I'm taking a big retro leap and replacing the Spyder with a 1974 Bora with under 10k miles on it. Absolutely not an everyday driver but a very cool ride.

Paco,
Yeah, I thought the same thing until I got under the car and looked at the geometry. If you imagine the top of the spring pushing the body up then lowering the the spring cups (taking pressure of the spring) will lower the body. You have to see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice move Sunburn, the Bora is one of those true retro exotics. BTW, is that your garage? if so I'm inspired.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
STARDOC
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing