Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my '02 Coupe GT in Dallas this weekend... I am trying to get them to lower the car before i get there and they're giving me a hard time. The car has Skyhook and I've read here that it's not a difficult thing to do as long as they do a wheel alignment afterwards. The technician says he's never done it before and the salesman says that it may void the warranty if they lower it. What gives? Any advice?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Suspension lowering

I bought my car in Tampa, Florida. I had it lowered 2 weeks ago, and they did a wheel alignment afterwards.
Most of the dealers actually may encounter this request for the first time, but they should have an idea on how to actually do it. I was the first customer to have it lowered, and they considered it their first 'project'.
And no, they did not say it would void my warranty. If it helps, have them call Maserati of Tampa, 813-933-2811. Ask for Mickey.
Btw, my coupe is an '04.. I do not know if it differs from the '02s..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I doubt that lowering it voids the warranty, I think they just don't want to do it or don't know how. It is very simple with skyhook. See my posts on "Suspension lowering". Since you live in SoCal also, HW motorsports did the lowering and alignment for $200 for all 4 wheels and it only takes a couple of hours. There is an HW in LA also.

Glad you decided to buy the Maser, I assume you figured out the insurance issue also. Enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it may be SOP (standard operating procedure) with dealers if they don't want to do something to the car that you want done to give you the line "It MAY void the warranty". I got the same line when asking about upgrading the ECU in my '04 Spyder Cambio.

D.Min

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess they're just being difficult

The dealership finally said "NO"... they dont want to do it. Oh well... I'll get someone local to do it

·
Registered
40 Posts
garyst1024 said:
I doubt that lowering it voids the warranty, I think they just don't want to do it or don't know how. It is very simple with skyhook. See my posts on "Suspension lowering". Since you live in SoCal also, HW motorsports did the lowering and alignment for all 4 wheels and it only takes a couple of hours. There is an HW in LA also.

Glad you decided to buy the Maser, I assume you figured out the insurance issue also. Enjoy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
garyst1024 said:
I doubt that lowering it voids the warranty, I think they just don't want to do it or don't know how. It is very simple with skyhook. See my posts on "Suspension lowering". Since you live in SoCal also, HW motorsports did the lowering and alignment and it only takes a couple of hours. There is an HW in LA also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts