Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my quattroporte at stock height for a while now and I'm looking to drop it a few inches any suggestions? I heard Basics were quite good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Budget for multiple annual alignments.

A couple inches is a lot. Keep in mind these cars were designed to perform at their delivered height.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts

A couple inches is a lot. Keep in mind these cars were designed to perform at their delivered height.
Boardwalk Maserati - your posts are very helpful, and generous. Glad you're here!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I lowered mine!

I lowered my QP 2007 QP Sport and am thrilled! The ride is stiffer for sure, but the handling was very much improved on the track. I used FD springs designed for my car's non adjustable skyhook dampers. It dropped about 1.25 inches. No real problem with speed bumps etc. and car to me looks better (personal opinion!)

Here are a couple of links that may be of interest:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/quattroporte/9003-performance-suspension-qp.html

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/quattroporte/8452-questions-those-fd-springs.html

Attached are before and after pics of my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I lowered my QP 2007 QP Sport and am thrilled! The ride is stiffer for sure, but the handling was very much improved on the track. I used FD springs designed for my car's non adjustable skyhook dampers. It dropped about 1.25 inches. No real problem with speed bumps etc. and car to me looks better (personal opinion!)

Here are a couple of links that may be of interest:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/quattroporte/9003-performance-suspension-qp.html

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/quattroporte/8452-questions-those-fd-springs.html

Attached are before and after pics of my car.

1.25" is not a big deal, especially keeping the stock wheels. Just make sure you get an alignment after to correct geometry.

That car looks fantastic. Most people don't track 4-doors, but these cars are more than capable, which is why I think they are so cool.

Now if we could just figure out how to keep a performance tire from jumping ship at 5500-7000 miles!

As far as my input here, I am more than happy to run VINs through Maserati for you. I can check warranty work done, and check campaigns. I can find originating dealers and assist in finding radio codes, key codes and such (of course if the dealer recorded those items). I'm just glad I stumbled across this site. I see lots of Maser clients daily, and we answer lots of questions as we would like to see you enjoy these cars and be prepared for anything that can pop up.

Cheers!

·
Registered
778 Posts
My car is lowered over 2" all around. Its a combination of Jeff's FD sport springs, and lowering the skyhook coilovers. Just let you be warned that you will go through tires a lot faster, and need frequent alignment. If you plan to lower it a lot, Jeff also has spacers to make it look better, looks kind of odd with the sunken wheels

Stock

After

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car is lowered over 2" all around. Its a combination of Jeff's FD sport springs, and lowering the skyhook coilovers. Just let you be warned that you will go through tires a lot faster, and need frequent alignment. If you plan to lower it a lot, Jeff also has spacers to make it look better, looks kind of odd with the sunken wheels

Stock

After

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the advice. I didn't feel like waiting any longer and I picked up a set of springs and decided to put them on my ride today. They are being installed as we speak haha!!!!!

@RaCinStylez - I love the lowered pic of your Quattro with the GTS wheels damnnn

@QP Sport - I'm gonna be dropping it 2" in the back and 1.7" in the front.

I can't wait to test it out!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*UPDATE*

The car is perfect!!!! Been driving the beast around for a little while now and

doesn't rub at all. I did a 2"drop in the rear and a 1.7" drop in the front. I

couldn't ask for a better fittment, hahaha it handles corners like a

dream...and looks insane!!!! The lowered stance and the flush fittment make

the car look so aggressive. I am very very pleased...it is a good

day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
So, which springs did you end up choosing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Vincenzo - I ended up going with a brand called Basics. I saw it on a site called SRauto and they lowered a Quattro as well

@RaCinStylez - I didn't get a chance today but I'll see if I can set up a photoshoot sometime!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I kind of like the stock look better guys--but I only plan to drive mine on the street.

bad enough with bending 20" rims hitting potholes

·
Registered
2013 Maserati Quattroporte S
85 Posts
Let me resurrect this thread. Has anyone used H&R Springs Part no 28960-1 to lower their Quattroporte? A distributer here in Canada is offering a good price on a set but it looks like it's only a .7 or .8 inch drop, I'm not sure if it's enough. I know the FD ones are 1.25".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts