Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone knows that the GS have adjustable suspensions. If i take it to a local shop and they lower it, will this void my warranty...

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nope, it would not... in fact many of us here have lowered ours and the improvement on handling is substantial.

Mine was lowered 20 turns at the front and 15 turns at the rear...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, FMOSF lowered mine, and they are the dealer, so I don't see a problem.
Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gino from FMSF

Said No, because they dont have the alignment calibrations...

Who did you talk to??? Im really interested

·
Registered
187 Posts
PacoSaca said:
Nope, it would not... in fact many of us here have lowered ours and the improvement on handling is substantial.

Mine was lowered 20 turns at the front and 15 turns at the rear...

PacoSaca,
your car looks great, as does MikeA's. I know Jeff here in Vegas lowered his GS last week and said it was pretty complicated. Perhaps that was due to it being lowered already he had to relocate stuff which scares me.

I have a coupe GT like yours PacoSaca, did you have any issues or complications lowering 20 turns in front and 15 in back? Did you do it yourself? I just want to know what I am getting into. How is the ride that low?
thanks
Robb

·
Registered
246 Posts
HMB
I can't remember if I talked to Gino or Kevin, but they said no problem. They did it for around $800-900. The process is a bit trial and error I guess to get the alignment right.

Robb
Based on what others have posted and my own experience, it is really important to get each wheel lowered the same amount. I am not sure if you just count turns, but I got the impression it was a bit more exacting than that. After the lowering, the car will need a realignment as well.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts