Maserati Forum banner

love my car...but vibration over 4K revs

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cpede 
#1 ·
I just bought an 02 GT . when getting on it, or anytime over 4,000 rpms there is a noticable vibration somewhere in the drive train. after replacing transmission mounts dealer says they don't know what it is and is even suggesting it is normal. can anyone offer any insight?

#2 ·
Maybe just a V8 rumble? :lol:

Seriously, there's a good bit of natural vibration in the drivetrain and chassis from what I've seen, plus you may be feeling the MSP pulsing and trying to avoid wheelslip. :?:

#3 ·
Cpede!

I posted this very issue a couple of months ago right after I got my car back and had the clutch (cambio) replaced....I get a rumble right at 4000 RPM in both first and second gears.....I never had this issue when I bought the car from another person....however, the clutch was 80-85% worn when I bought the car, so I was and still am unsure if this rumble is normal.....to me, on the worst side, it could be a U Joint or tranny mount isssue....on the bright side, ..i thought, yeah, maybe v8 rumble, torque, or now with a good clutch, the cars ability to pull is greater and I am feeling the rumble with a good clutch...

please keep me informed about what you find out.....

I plan to have the dealer look mine over, I have been waiting for them to contact me for a part on order from Italy, and had planned to eliminate downtime and have it checked when the part came in.

#5 ·
gt coup vibration

thanks for the posts. I drove the car around the block at the dealer after the trans mounts were replaced, but just a short drive. it appears now there is still some vibration/rumble, probably just from the torque, but smothed out over 4K. The dealer still has the car for its 6K tune up and I am on vacation and won't be back for a few weeks. I'll let you know after i get it back and get a chance to really test if its ok now. I like the suggestion of driving another one and the dealer said i can, so i will do that too. thanks again for your comments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.