Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a loudlink and it finally came in the mail. However, it arrived without any instructions or paperwork at all. Am I correct that I should install it in the centre console cd changer? How does one get in there? I looked through previous posts on here and I couldn't really find what I was looking for. (my car is a 2002 4200)

I also note that most people are saying that I should use a 2gb card to start. Some of the stuff I'm reading on here indicates that it requires some kind of programming and file name modification to make it work? Does any one have a copy of the instructions or...maybe someone can point me in the right direction? I wanted to impress my fiancé this weekend and show her how manly I am by installing a stereo in the maz and acting all nonchalant about it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
On my 2004 car, the loudlink cable connects to a blue port under the center console. I drilled a hole through the small storage compartment on the top of the console to allow the cable to pass into the center console and the loudlink just sits there. I purchased an extension cord and ran the microphone cable under the drivers seat then just inside the trim until it emerged just to the left of the sun visor where the mic is clipped to the trim.

There were instructions. I think you should email loudlink and ask them to send the instructions if the following does not help:

Some cars may have been prewired for the CD changer. If so you would need to unplug that cable first

I had the original for sd card and it failed but it was easy to swap in the bluetooth and that has been very reliable for pairing the iphone. Just never use the sd card now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goddamnit. This fu$&ing loudlink is impossible for my delicate lawyer hands to install. I took apart the top of the armrest console to expose the CD changer but I couldn’t get any further. Do I have to remove the whole console? Or even the air ducts? Is there an install guide somewhere that I’m missing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Open the armrest console. Remove all the connectors you can. In the bottom, on the left, you will find a blue plug similar to the one you received with the loundlink. This is the one the remove and plug the loundlink on.
Then just put the loundlink inside the armrest console, there’s enough space in there.
And that’s it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for getting back to me. I found the link below which has some pretty good pictures and info and I'm going to attempt again this weekend. Does any one happen to have a picture of what the back of the cd changer looks like?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts