Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, Arnold from Loudlink did an outstanding job of helping me through this. Second, I did this by myself so any idiot with a screw driver can do it. My '04 is prewired for the trunk CDC, but I wanted it close so I could use the aux with my iPhone to play iTunes so I mounted in the center console.

In the center console there are two screws you remove and then under the little rubber mat there are two more.

Lift off the thing and the NIT box is right there.

You have to reach underneath and pull out the blue plug (if you have the wiring harness for the trunk) and just plug in the unit. You need to use a 2g SD card for the initial load, but after that you can use anything. Once I verified it would work, I drilled a 3/8" hole in the console tray to run the cord through. The unit fits nicely in the back of the tray.

Then download your songs and go nuts. NO skipping songs - the quality of the sound is CD quality - best way to go short of spending $4-5K on a new system.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Do you need to have the cd changer to use this link? I am not sure if it was prewired for the changer or not - how can I tell?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you need to have the cd changer to use this link? I am not sure if it was prewired for the changer or not - how can I tell?
The NIT has the connection. You don't need the changer. If you pull the cover off then you can see the blue connector.

·
Registered
507 Posts
NIT? So this unit has an additional AUX plug? Could that AUX be used for a Sirrius Radio?

Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The unit has the adapter for the CDC - if you can emulate a CDC with a Sirrus connection, you're golden. The unit I bought has an AUX and I use my iPhone for Sirrus.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ken
Thanks for the pictures and posting. I planned on ordering my loudlink this week ( my own x-mas present ). Looks like an easy install. Have a Wonderful Holiday!

·
Registered
250 Posts
More Details Please

This installation looks like an excellent option.

Can you specify the exact model number of the LoudLink device and other parts you purchased for this install such as cables?

Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Part numbers

This installation looks like an excellent option.

Can you specify the exact model number of the LoudLink device and other parts you purchased for this install such as cables?

Thanks!
Our cars take the LLK-808X (I believe the "X" is for Aux - the ability to plug iPhone, iPod, etc into the system.) You need the associated cable from them to plug into the back of the NIT.

It's amazing how well it works.

·
Registered
552 Posts
How about a series of screenshots ??:cheers:

·
Registered
581 Posts
This is some timely post. My CD changer has been acting up lately so remembered this solution from some posts in the past. This is def the way I am going soon. Very elegant solution to a common problem for relatively little money. Thanks for the excellent insight.

One question - what hookup do you use for the iPod to go to the AUX on the Loudlink? :cheers:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is some timely post. My CD changer has been acting up lately so remembered this solution from some posts in the past. This is def the way I am going soon. Very elegant solution to a common problem for relatively little money. Thanks for the excellent insight.

One question - what hookup do you use for the iPod to go to the AUX on the Loudlink? :cheers:
The Aux connection is just a mini plug so I use the iPhone earphone jack to plug into it there.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How about a series of screenshots ??:cheers:
Early morning photos -

Any specific screen you need to see?

So I never had a CDC, the NIT sees the Loudlink like it's the CDC and the thing works. I believe I can put 99 songs under each CD so that's a crate of MP3s.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ordered Mine Today

Ken,

Those pictures are great. Thanks. I believe the correct model number is
"LLK-B08X" and the associated cable is "CBLA-001."

On the order page they display as:

Blaupunkt cable 16.66 EUR
Loudlink CD Changer Emulator for Maserati 4200 Spyder,Coupe /AUX 175.00 EUR

I think these are the right items.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ken,

Those pictures are great. Thanks. I believe the correct model number is
"LLK-B08X" and the associated cable is "CBLA-001."

On the order page they display as:

Blaupunkt cable 16.66 EUR
Loudlink CD Changer Emulator for Maserati 4200 Spyder,Coupe /AUX 175.00 EUR

I think these are the right items.
I looked at my receipt - you're right. Good luck.

·
Registered
507 Posts
So how many cds does it replicate in the emulated changer?

Also, how do you switch to the AUX if you have something plugged in there?

thanks,

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sirius has an iPhone application that's free if you have the service in another vehicle. Works just the same.

On how do you use AUX, when you set up the SD card, you simple click on a box to identify which CD will be the AUX input. Then you go to that CD and whatever is coming in through the miniplug is played. Pretty simple

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks - good stuff!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts