Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an unpleasant experience when my 3200 had to go in for some work.
My car had to be taken into a garage by a recovery company. As the recovery company would arrive after the garage closed, I was instructed by the garage owner to tell the recovery driver to put the car keys through the letter box of the garage.
On opening the garage, the following day, the owner of the garage could not find the keys. He contacted the recovery driver who insisted he had personally put the keys throgh the letter box.
The keys were clearly lost.
Who is responsible for the lost keys, and who is responsible for the cost of replacing the keys?
How much would a new key cost and how long would it take to do?
I am asking for guidance and will take any advice in the spirit it is offered in, I live in England.
Thanks very much,
Emma.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In USD, about $1100 for 2014 Maserati QP GTS

QUOTE=Emma T;869610]I recently had an unpleasant experience when my 3200 had to go in for some work.
My car had to be taken into a garage by a recovery company. As the recovery company would arrive after the garage closed, I was instructed by the garage owner to tell the recovery driver to put the car keys through the letter box of the garage.
On opening the garage, the following day, the owner of the garage could not find the keys. He contacted the recovery driver who insisted he had personally put the keys throgh the letter box.
The keys were clearly lost.
Who is responsible for the lost keys, and who is responsible for the cost of replacing the keys?
How much would a new key cost and how long would it take to do?
I am asking for guidance and will take any advice in the spirit it is offered in, I live in England.
Thanks very much,
Emma.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Depends whether it's a fob with electronics in or just a key for cost/difficulty...not familiar with 3200's. I just did a GT key and it was $400 for the key and $170 for programming in the US. You might want to give these guys a ring...keysinthepost.com...they are in Orpington, Kent. They did a great job for me making an audi key from a picture sent in email. Would certainly help if you had a picture of the key pattern. I'd recommend everyone keep a picture for situations like this...it takes 2 seconds to take a snap with your cellphone.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Depends whether it's a fob with electronics in or just a key for cost/difficulty...not familiar with 3200's. I just did a GT key and it was $400 for the key and $170 for programming in the US. ...
John ~

I just lost my only GT key this week in the midst of a move. (Probably in the bottom of a box somewhere.) Mind if I ask how/where you got a replacement for $400 (...well, $570)?!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi, the cheapest I found in Pacific North West is Couer D' Alene Maserati in Idaho. They were $100 cheaper than my nearest dealer in Kirkland WA. Just had to send images of all details to prove I own it and they posted the replacement to me.
Cheers,
John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, the cheapest I found in Pacific North West is Couer D' Alene Maserati in Idaho. They were $100 cheaper than my nearest dealer in Kirkland WA. Just had to send images of all details to prove I own it and they posted the replacement to me.
Cheers,
John
Wow! Thanks for sharing, John!! I still have the card that has the codes... and the title, of course. But I don't have another key. Hope they don't need that. Will definitely check with them on Monday.

Thank you, again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
By the way, JohnMC, did you not have to take your car into the dealership to be reprogrammed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts