Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to swap my 2014 front end for a 2018 - 2019 front end or buy a 2018 - 2019 front end. Color doesn’t matter.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, my next project:
Upgrading my front bumper to a 2019 model... Just brought the bumper and lower spoiler off ebay... a lot cheaper than new. Rare find!
I did a lot of calling around the US and not many 2018-2019 GT’s with the new bumper in salvage... will get both sanded and painted Grigio Granito to match. Picked up side grills on Scudera Parts...

Now I have to sit and wait until a grill shows up on ebay... Someone got the one I was watching...

Anyone wanting to buy my 2014 front bumper for cheap let me know.. Its OEM and I will sell a lot cheaper than ebay..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’
Good for you, Jealous. Let us know please how the swap out works
I’m already winning by getting the two most expensive parts for a fraction of their OEM cost. $2K for both...
The bumper is $3K new and the spoiler is $1K new (will show full cost of swap when completed). Grill is $500 new.

I will be able to swap everything down to the screws/sensors. Pictures coming!

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
891 Posts
That is awesome.....very exciting. Would like to do the same with mine.....I really like the 2018+ front.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I’m off to auto body for repainting. I think I will paint the lower spoiler the same as my body color instead of the stock matte black.

Made and offer on a ebay grill... Rare... hope the seller knows there’s no bumper in the salvage market to put it in and takes my offer... ?

Either way, I can install grill after hanging the bumper.

I dont get the black side grills until Jan 20th ??

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please keep us posted on any "issues" that develop that might have been unknown prior to swap.
Tas, if you’re serious you should start setting up ebay alerts to track MASE GT parts

(LOL... I can give away my plan now that ‘ive scored).

Its gonna take a while for the parts to this model bumper to make it to ebay and most will over price them given the lack of volume. Even in Europe they are $3K used.

The three most expensive parts of the project:
1. bumper New $2-4K got mine for 1750
2. Spoiler new $1k got mine for 350
3. Grill = I JUST WON THE GRILL AND EMBLEM FOR $600!
4. Painting TBD

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Tas, if you’re serious you should start setting up ebay alerts to track MASE GT parts

Its gonna take a while for the parts to this model bumper to make it to ebay and most will over price them given the lack of volume. Even in Europe they are $3K used.

4. Painting TBD
well done!

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
891 Posts

4. Painting TBD
First of all WELL DONE on your score!!!
Second thanks for sharing your tips.
Third MUST HAVE pics once done
Forth please share the paint cost once complete....will they need to paint entire car or just purchased parts? And would this matter if you scored exact color match.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my bumper back from the paint shop and now I’m waiting on my side grills. I painted my lower spoiler the same color as the car. I will swap sensors.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone looking to upgrade their bumper..... a 2018-2019 with body parts just hit ebay a day or so ago...?

Rare parts... about two, 2018-2019 GT’S find salvage tags in the US every six months..

78 were sold/leased new in the US since May 2018...

·
Registered
83 Posts
That looks sweet! Can I ask what are your plans for the old bumper? I had to settle for the fog light bumper on my project but would love to buy it if you are interested thank you!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks sweet! Can I ask what are your plans for the old bumper? I had to settle for the fog light bumper on my project but would love to buy it if you are interested thank you!
Thanks! I do have one other person on site interested in my old bumper. I’m going to swap next week so I will post pics of my old bumper when its off.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I understand, I personally have looked into doing this swap myself and would like to inform you that the front air duct is different thanks to the new bumper. My air duct is broken and have been looking into buying one, thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I understand, I personally have looked into doing this swap myself and would like to inform you that the front air duct is different thanks to the new bumper. My air duct is broken and have been looking into buying one, thanks!
I didnt need to change my air duct with the new bumper. Its M145... same duct behind the 2019 bumper.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts