Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
287 Posts
ok thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback, looks like I’ll be playing the waiting game!

-Troy
.... or simply offer them $28K CDN if they huff and puff just tell them you are clowning around like they are - ultimately however you want a 4.7l car

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
287 Posts
People are biased about the Quebec/Ontario winters, so I think that drives prices down out East. Also different demographic of buyers I guess.

I originally wanted a 2013+ Year, but this one caught my eye with the mileage/price and the small cosmetic mods. The 4.2, variators and interior seats are a big thumbs down though; was just curious what everyone else thought.

-Troy
Winters out east are not any worse than on the prairies. There is nothing wrong with the seats, I drowse my car from Montreal to Edmonton and had no complains they are on par if not better then Merc S Class. The cosmetic mods are going to cost at least $3k to fix and will drive you absolutely insane because your car will never be clean on the inside. Anything 2011 and over with 4.7l will make you happy - but if you are going for elated then get a cabrio!

·
Registered
2008 Maserati Granturismo 4.2
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Winters out east are not any worse than on the prairies. There is nothing wrong with the seats, I drowse my car from Montreal to Edmonton and had no complains they are on par if not better then Merc S Class. The cosmetic mods are going to cost at least $3k to fix and will drive you absolutely insane because your car will never be clean on the inside. Anything 2011 and over with 4.7l will make you happy - but if you are going for elated then get a cabrio!
I test drove it and impulse bought it guys, my bad. That exhaust is heavens song and I shall die to it in the GT I guess 😅

·
Registered
2010 Maserati Granturismo S
16 Posts
I test drove it and impulse bought it guys, my bad. That exhaust is heavens song and I shall die to it in the GT I guess 😅
Congratulations !! Welcome to the ‘oh shit I just bought a Maserati’ club 😉
That exhaust is a sirens song for sure ..... incredibly hard to resist !!
I am sure you will love it - and you’ve got a great group of truly helpful guys here for if (when) she shows her ‘personality’.
Oh ... and we need pictures !!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Congratulations !! Welcome to the ‘oh shit I just bought a Maserati’ club 😉
That exhaust is a sirens song for sure ..... incredibly hard to resist !!
I am sure you will love it - and you’ve got a great group of truly helpful guys here for if (when) she shows her ‘personality’.
Oh ... and we need pictures !!!!
Haha thanks, even though everyone else is probably gunna think it was the wrong choice 😅 gotta get in the game young (I’m 27)

those are from my impulse test drive today!

-Troy

·
Registered
2010 Maserati Granturismo S
16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Haha thanks, even though everyone else is probably gunna think it was the wrong choice 😅 gotta get in the game young (I’m 27)

-Troy
It's not up for us to decide. Only to assist when asked and help in whatever way we can. The rest is up to you. Congrats on the purchase, she's a beauty! One of the few cars on the road where you'll never listen to the stereo.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,598 Posts

View attachment 135878 View attachment 135879

-Troy
Congrats and welcome. Fantastic steering wheel. I have something similar on my F430 spider. (Maybe same manufacturer?)

27 is not that young. I know many guys in their 20's who own exotics. As long as you make good income and are financially responsible, go for it. Life is short. You never know what tomorrow may bring.

Reactions: Sakyubasu

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Hey everyone, been following the GT scene since 2015 and I'm finally looking into one. I've followed this forum and others for quite some time and I wanted to wait and get into a 2018+ model once they depreciate a little more, but I came across a 08 GT 4.2 that's caught my eye. I plan on getting a PPI on it but was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this year/engine/model. Any feedback is appreciated! The variators/skyhook suspension is one of my main concerns being it is a older wet sump 4.2 and I don't have much in the way of maintenance history atm.

Located in canada!

AUTO ONE Group is Canada's premiere luxury car dealership, specializing in exotic & luxury car leasing in Toronto, Halifax, & Vancouver. <-- link

Thanks!

View attachment 135878 View attachment 135879

-Troy
The choice was yours to make, so it's right for you (y)
Welcome young man, and Congratulations!!! Now get out and enjoy the fruits of your labor, safely :p

Reactions: Sakyubasu

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!! She's a beauty! And remember, there's no such thing as too young to buy a fancy car if you have the means ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
IT looks like you and Jetspeed are in the same general vicinity. If you ever feel like taking her on a road trip to the Edmonton area, let me know!!!

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,899 Posts
It's not up for us to decide. Only to assist when asked and help in whatever way we can. The rest is up to you. Congrats on the purchase, she's a beauty!
Precisely my sentiments as well.
.. and as few others have said here, age has nothing to do with it, if you feel comfortable with your decision that’s all that matters !
Congrats !! Nicely done. (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks everyone! I’ll be sure to take her on a few road trips @BrianGTC 😉 maybe more towards banff/jasper though haha I lived in Edmonton for 11 years!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Congrats and welcome. Fantastic steering wheel. I have something similar on my F430 spider. (Maybe same manufacturer?)

27 is not that young. I know many guys in their 20's who own exotics. As long as you make good income and are financially responsible, go for it. Life is short. You never know what tomorrow may bring.
Thank you, first thing I noticed!

Exactly, I didn’t want to wait any longer 😝 Railroads been pretty good to me, let’s hope it continues to be that way haha

-Troy

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
287 Posts
Thanks everyone! I’ll be sure to take her on a few road trips @BrianGTC 😉 maybe more towards banff/jasper though haha I lived in Edmonton for 11 years!
I sorted out about 9 trips for this summer to take - all around the mountains for a slow comfortable lazy weekend drive - with 3 or 4 GTs the Rockets never sounded so good. Keep us posted

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
My GF's sister lives in Canmore....love going to visit, Covid has done a number on that though :cry:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I sorted out about 9 trips for this summer to take - all around the mountains for a slow comfortable lazy weekend drive - with 3 or 4 GTs the Rockets never sounded so good. Keep us posted
PM me the days and I’ll see how they line up with my work!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Love the increasing Canadian presence on here 🇨🇦🇨🇦. I usually take a road trip to Kelowna in the summer time. I wanted to join the Okanagan Dream Rally (fundraiser for kids) last summer but, covid. Maybe this summer :cool:.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Love the increasing Canadian presence on here 🇨🇦🇨🇦. I usually take a road trip to Kelowna in the summer time. I wanted to join the Okanagan Dream Rally (fundraiser for kids) last summer but, covid. Maybe this summer :cool:.
I can’t wait to hit the road in the summer with this thing!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts