Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Maserati Granturismo 4.2
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been following the GT scene since 2015 and I'm finally looking into one. I've followed this forum and others for quite some time and I wanted to wait and get into a 2018+ model once they depreciate a little more, but I came across a 08 GT 4.2 that's caught my eye. I plan on getting a PPI on it but was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this year/engine/model. Any feedback is appreciated! The variators/skyhook suspension is one of my main concerns being it is a older wet sump 4.2 and I don't have much in the way of maintenance history atm.

Located in canada!

AUTO ONE Group is Canada's premiere luxury car dealership, specializing in exotic & luxury car leasing in Toronto, Halifax, & Vancouver. <-- link

Thanks!

- Troy

·
Registered
32 Posts
nice looking car - its worth about 30,000 Canadian dollars - if there's no documentation of a variator upgrade, subtract 5,000

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice looking car - its worth about 30,000 Canadian dollars - if there's no documentation of a variator upgrade, subtract 5,000
I’ve never seen a GT posted in Canada for 30k cad

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
285 Posts
Hey everyone, been following the GT scene since 2015 and I'm finally looking into one. I've followed this forum and others for quite some time and I wanted to wait and get into a 2018+ model once they depreciate a little more, but I came across a 08 GT 4.2 that's caught my eye. I plan on getting a PPI on it but was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this year/engine/model. Any feedback is appreciated! The variators/skyhook suspension is one of my main concerns being it is a older wet sump 4.2 and I don't have much in the way of maintenance history atm.

Located in canada!

AUTO ONE Group is Canada's premiere luxury car dealership, specializing in exotic & luxury car leasing in Toronto, Halifax, & Vancouver. <-- link

Thanks!

- Troy
They are dreaming if they think a 2008 is worth $45K that is a $30K car and that's before the PPI and all the sticky button issues. But the worse thing about this car is the 4.2l engine. Its not the same as 4.7l in my view its not even close. Hold out for something better. There are a few good cars in Canada that are well priced, this is not one of them trust me on that. I spent 6 months looking for one too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are dreaming if they think a 2008 is worth $45K that is a $30K car and that's before the PPI and all the sticky button issues. But the worse thing about this car is the 4.2l engine. Its not the same as 4.7l in my view its not even close. Hold out for something better. There are a few good cars in Canada that are well priced, this is not one of them trust me on that. I spent 6 months looking for one too.
The only 30K cars in canada have over 140k on them

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
285 Posts
The only 30K cars in canada have over 140k on them
You have to wait at least another month or so before more cars come out of hibernation and the good ones will go fast. I pretty much know most of the current cars on sale and some of them have been on sale since last February, some are total junk some are over priced but some can be had for a song. $30K is going to be a tough gig but look at it this way - you either buy a cheap car and spent the money fixing it, or you buy a better more expensive car and spent the time driving it. It seems that the more WEST you go in Canada the more expansive they get - it's crazy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have to wait at least another month or so before more cars come out of hibernation and the good ones will go fast. I pretty much know most of the current cars on sale and some of them have been on sale since last February, some are total junk some are over priced but some can be had for a song. $30K is going to be a tough gig but look at it this way - you either buy a cheap car and spent the money fixing it, or you buy a better more expensive car and spent the time driving it. It seems that the more WEST you go in Canada the more expansive they get - it's crazy.
People are biased about the Quebec/Ontario winters, so I think that drives prices down out East. Also different demographic of buyers I guess.

I originally wanted a 2013+ Year, but this one caught my eye with the mileage/price and the small cosmetic mods. The 4.2, variators and interior seats are a big thumbs down though; was just curious what everyone else thought.

-Troy

·
Registered
101 Posts
For 43K you can buy my 2014S instead. I will even deliver it at that price. Thats about 15K over what its worth. I do love the exterior color combo on that car. Keep looking and be patient. You will find something that isnt a ripoff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yep, I think you could still come out ahead finding one in the U.S.; even a newer 4.7, after paying for delivery, an inspection and the $6-8k in Canadian import taxes and fees....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Keep your eyes open and soon enough a good one will come around. But yes, that one is overpriced. There are quite a few on autotrader.ca. Feel free to reach out to us fellow canucks if you got questions!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm with everyone. Pass on that one. At least, not at that price. And if you can, hold out for a 2013+. It'll require patience, but trust me, it will be worth it.

Welcome to the forums!

Reactions: samIam

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I agree, pass on that one, looks like $36k in USD so you can find at the very least a really nice pre 2013 4.7L, but for that kind of money the there are some 2013's out there for that money.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree, pass on that one, looks like $36k in USD so you can find at the very least a really nice pre 2013 4.7L, but for that kind of money the there are some 2013's out there for that money.
ok thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback, looks like I’ll be playing the waiting game!

-Troy

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,895 Posts
+ 1 to what others posted here - and you’re flexible about color ( exterior / interior ) choices, “the waiting game“ will be a great advantage .

1 - 20 of 50 Posts